Green Room

On the ground with Tea Party Express in support of Ted Cruz

posted at 2:28 pm on July 25, 2012 by

For the next week I’ll be down in Dallas and other parts of Texas with the Tea Party Express (TPE) on a week-long junket/bus tour/mobile phone bank to help GOP Senate candidate Ted Cruz pull off the victory formerly known as improbable against the Texas GOP establishment . I’m hanging out with people like former Reagan staffer Sal Russo, who founded the Tea Party Express, and hopefully will get to rub elbows with Senators DeMint, Paul and Lee later this week — as well as other famous conservatives — as we hit Dallas and Houston trying to get out the vote for Cruz.

Two events of note to keep an eye on:

First, there is the Stand with Ted Cruz Radiothon tonight with the TPE from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Central Time. A number of people will be participating, including Rick Santorum, Senator Jim DeMint, Paul, Lee and former U.S. Attorney General Ed Meese. Check out more details here, or listen locally at 570 KLIF.

Second, the tour’s highlight will be a rally in The Woodlands in Houston on Friday evening. Details about the event can be seen here, but suffice to say the goal is to get all of your favorite conservatives and then some to show up in support of Cruz.

I interviewed Cruz back in May, and enjoyed getting to sorta-kinda-meet him. Hopefully I’ll be able to make that an actual meeting before heading back to Washington next week. Check out the interview here.

[Originally published at Race42012.com.]

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

A radiothon but no rally? What’s up with that?

Houston, a Dewhurst stronghold gets a rally, but Dallas doesn’t…hmmm, Dallas gets treated like Lubbock because Leppert.

cozmo on July 25, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Houston, a Dewhurst stronghold…

cozmo on July 25, 2012 at 2:48 PM

You wouldn’t know it. Michael Berry has blasting away at Dewhurst, and I have yet to meet a Dewhurst supporter.

beatcanvas on July 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM

beatcanvas on July 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM

A. Michael Berry was calling Dewhurst just as conservative as Cruz then a week later calling him a liberal even though he has known Dewhurst a long time.

B. You obviously are not talking to actual privately owned manufacturing owners in TEXAS.

Neither one will be more conservative after elected.

Kermit on July 25, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Kermit and Cozmo,

There will indeed be rallies in and around Dallas, but the major one is in Houston on Friday night.

Dustin Siggins on July 25, 2012 at 4:15 PM

For the next week I’ll be down in Dallas…mobile phone bank…

I don’t suppose you are the TPE guy who called and left a message about two hours ago wanting me to vote for Cruz?

You can remove me from the run off call list, I voted on Monday, and so did my wife.

cozmo on July 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Dustin Siggins on July 25, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Not on any list except for local TP which has gone Ronulan in 2009. I am not connected with any pay for campaign endorsement TP group either.

BTW, the same folks backing Cruz are backing a crony capitalist for congress in Louisiana. Thankfully, the adults in congress did not let his bill get very far. An extra $20K to change a bolt on a production platform in the Gulf of Mexico is not about safety.

You can go play in you ignorance, as can Redstate, Breitbart & FreedomWorks.

Kermit on July 25, 2012 at 6:10 PM

cozmo on July 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM

We only have cell phones for just that reason.

Kermit on July 25, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Cozmo,

That wasn’t me, but thanks for letting me know. I’ll pass it up the chain.

Kermit, I have no idea what you’re talking about. I am with them solely for the next week to support Cruz.

Dustin Siggins on July 25, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Dustin Siggins on July 25, 2012 at 6:21 PM

All have been putting out pro-Cruz half truth articles oh so eerily similar to the way that the DNC collaborates with MSM.

Just do what your handlers and newsfeed tells you. I’m sure they will use you again somewhere else.

Kermit on July 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Which camp can tell the biggest and most lies based on a smidgeon of truth is how the win will be accomplished.

Kermit on July 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Dustin Siggins on July 25, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Some folks just don’t like Cruz.

Mostly bitter Craig James the savior of Lubbock supporters.

cozmo on July 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Cozmo, it’s interesting on this site — when I criticized Palin, I was a moderate/lefty/RINO. When I support Cruz, I’m a far-right loony who is being manipulated.

I’m so confused. What small, inflexible political box should I put myself in? :O)

Dustin Siggins on July 25, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Kermit on July 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Well, given the whopper told by Dewhurst about the kid committing suicide and Cruz’ support of the IRS – heavily trimmed and deceivingly so by the Dewhurst – then per you, Dewhurst has the edge. It seems to me though that Texans are smart enough to see through that, which is why Michael Berry changed his mind about Dewhurst.

beatcanvas on July 25, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Dustin Siggins on July 25, 2012 at 7:45 PM

The Dustin Siggins inflexible political box, you silly goose.

And be happy you don’t fit in one of those group inflexible political play boxes like the “Tru-con”, “birther” or “Craig James Forever” boxes…unless you are one of those…

cozmo on July 25, 2012 at 10:09 PM

The TV and radio ads for Dewhurst make me look forward to getting him defeated not only for the Texas Senate seat, but for Lt. Governor as well. The ads he runs are vile!

Parabellum on July 26, 2012 at 7:54 AM

The ads [dewhurst] runs are vile!

Parabellum on July 26, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Yep. Both my SO and I were very proud to vote for Cruz yesterday and look forward to the defeat of the guy we used to support, but now find simply appalling.

RushBaby on July 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM

beatcanvas on July 25, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Berry was singing praise of Dewhurst one week then someone got to him (with green?) and the next The Dew was the devil incarnate.

Both sides have tons of crap, but fault their PACs for the mud.

BTW the same DC groups supporting Cruz are supporting a congressman in Louisiana who tried to get a bill passed which would have cost a lot (as much as $25K or more per day) to change a bolt on a producing offshore platform, but make supporter richer due the added regulation.

That makes all those you are paying attention to LIARS. Club for NO Growth is more like it.

Kermit on July 26, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Kermit on July 26, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Yeah, we’re all in on the conspiracy to harsh your mellow.

cozmo on July 26, 2012 at 4:21 PM

All of those empty seats at the Cruz rally today.

Kermit on July 26, 2012 at 6:55 PM

All of those empty seats at the Cruz rally today….brightened the little frog’s little heart.

Little did he know, most of Cruz’ supporters work.

cozmo on July 26, 2012 at 7:28 PM