Green Room

Another zombie killing: Naked man ‘on cloud 20’ kills motel employee

posted at 3:04 pm on July 17, 2012 by

Another day, another unexplained brutal murder by a naked man strung out on drugs. This time the victim was a 62-year-old female motel cleaning woman, who was herself half-naked and covered with blood when Jermaine Haynes, the man who found here, came upon the grisly scene.

Haynes, a resident at the Hacienda Inn, in Sacramento, told reporters with CBS Sacramento (video here) that the suspect, 25-year-old Andrew Carreiro, knocked on his door the evening of July 7, saying he was selling candy. “He was on like cloud 20,” Haynes recalls. “I don’t know what he was on, but he was on something, though.”

After leaving Haynes’s apartment, Carreiro, who also lived at the motel, began smashing windows. Haynes rushed outside, now joined by other tenants, and heard a commotion coming from the management apartment. “The dude wouldn’t open the door,” he recounts, “so we kicked the window in. It was crazy, it was just crazy.”

Haynes was the first to enter. Inside he discovered the body of the employee, who he recognized. “She comes to our room everyday and she cleans rooms,” he said. “I don’t know what that man did to her. All I saw was a big gash on her head, blood everywhere.”

The victim, whose name has not been released was taken Tracy Sutter Community Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Carreiro, who reportedly kept mumbling, “I didn’t do nothing. I didn’t do nothing,” was taken to San Joaquin County jail. He faces a number of charges including murder.

Related Articles

Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can reach me at [email protected] or by posting a comment below.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

At what point do we have a pattern?

I’m wondering if these folks already had a condition, like schizophrenia, which the bath salts just happen to make much, much worse, or if this is a potential outcome for everyone who takes that stuff.

TexasDan on July 17, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I think people are so fed up with the current regime that it’s driving some over the edge. Can we hold out until Nov. 6?

rbj on July 17, 2012 at 3:51 PM

“I didn’t do nuffings!!” Yea Gods! The stereotypes!

Bulletchaser on July 17, 2012 at 6:29 PM

It is HIGH time to bring back swift, brutal public executions.

avgjo on July 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM

The answer: Stop the war on drugs! Legalize it!

er…wait.

Mich_93 on July 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Top Pick

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM
Top Pick

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands it a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part