Green Room

This is why I no longer vote for Democrats

posted at 11:12 am on July 11, 2012 by

Illinois suburban Jews are abandoning the Democratic party. These are Chicago suburbs we’re talking about. Keep this in mind as you read on.

David Harris, the head of the National Jewish Democratic Council is calling on Mitt Romney to return any money he’s received from Sheldon Adelson because it’s “tainted”. Why does he say this? Because he is accepting as fact a spurious claim by a disgruntled former employee that Adelson turned a blind eye to prostitution in his casinos. Never mind the fact that Sheldon Adelson has actually set up charities with the explicit purpose of getting women out of prostitution, the fact that a disgruntled ex-employee says it’s so must mean it is. That lawsuit going on? Don’t wait for justice to be served, just throw mud at the man who has contributed over $100 million to programs like Birthright Israel, because he is a member of a political party that you oppose. And make no mistake, the only reason David Harris is doing this is because of Adelson’s political leanings and contributions. He’s trying to cut off a major source of funding for Romney, and he doesn’t care how he defames Adelson to do so. You want proof? Oh, please. Why should Harris wait for proof?

“If this is proven to be nothing more than rantings of an employee in legal battle, NJDC is going to have a lot of egg on its face,” Brooks said. “If they were truly mensches about it, they would wait until it is adjudicated.”

So what does Adelson say? That the charges are utterly false.

Adelson says the fact that he and his wife Miriam (a physician who specializes in treating addiction) have given millions of dollars to set up clinics around the world to treat people with drug addictions (many of them prostitutes) makes the Jacob’s claims even more preposterous.

“I want to tell you how ridiculous that [accusation] is. There’s a clinic known as the Adelson Clinic that treats prostitutes and drug addicts. We take prostitutes off the street. We have one clinic that we started almost 21 years ago in Tel Aviv and we have about are 350 patients there. We have another Clinic in Las Vegas with almost 200 patients. My wife is there today signing up another 100 people… And even in Macao we set up a clinic to treat prostitutes and drug addict. It’s not called the Adelson Clinic but we taught the health department to do this.”

Alan Dershowitz and Shmuley Boteach are united in their contempt for Harris’ accusations. Once again, we see the utter hypocrisy of Democrats when it comes to why and how money should be returned. Dershowitz points out:

Moreover, the demand that Mitt Romney return Adelson’s contributions is absurd. If all candidates had to return the contributions of every businessman against whom questionable allegations were made in a vengeful lawsuit, millions of dollars would have to be returned by hundreds of candidates all around the country.

Consider just one highly publicized example: the million dollars given by comedian Bill Maher to a super PAC supporting Barack Obama.

I single out Maher, whose comedy I generally like, because he said that he “decided to become the Sheldon Adelson of the Obama campaign,” and because extremists on the right have similarly demanded that the super PAC return Maher’s contribution, claiming it is tainted by his misogynistic rants against female Republicans such as Sarah Palin, against whom he has used vile, sexist language.

Right. But that’s different, because Sarah Palin is a public figure or something.

The double standards on the left are utterly appalling. But I’m getting more and more used to them. Say, remember all that bullshit about civility when Gabrielle Giffords was shot? Well, a memo from the Obama campaign declared that they need to “kill Romney“.

Shyeah. Double standards. We got that. That’s why Harris will get away with his mudslinging. And stupid people will believe him. Just watch. But this is one of the reasons why I no longer vote for Democrats. I can’t stand the lack of ethics. And the hypocrisy.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Another weapon in the dem’s arsenal in the war on women (and on everyone else.)

jazzuscounty on July 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I can’t stand the lack of ethics. And the hypocrisy.

And the fascism. And the lies. And the hate. And the raw, naked evil.

single stack on July 11, 2012 at 11:40 AM

For me, it honestly was the ACA. Worst. Bill. Ever. And they didn’t care. Buh bye, Democrats, hello Tea Party.

alwaysfiredup on July 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Because they aren’t Democrats anymore. They’re marxists. If there are any honest Democrats left in that party, they need to purge the marxists out.

rbj on July 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Never forget, my fellow Americans, that hypocrisy (aka the double standard) is the feature of the Democrat-Socialist party and not the bug. They don’t care about being called hypocrites because – absent Drudge maybe – no one has a big enough megaphone to make the charge stick. The volunteer MinTruth that is the “Media” sees to that.

tryptic on July 11, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Well it seems that one of bho’s top fund raisers, a Black man to boot, is NOT all that happy with bho on the class war? I still bet he will continue to fund and will vote for bho though?

L

letget on July 11, 2012 at 1:20 PM

what took so long?

burserker on July 11, 2012 at 1:37 PM

The last Dhimmicrap I supported was “Landslide Lyndon” Johnson, and I realized that THAT was a huge mistake.

Welcome to the party. How many of your friends can you enlighten?

oldleprechaun on July 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Very nice article. I would add to your list of why you’re tired of the dims:

‘the marxism, the anti-semitism, the sedition, the oppression, the drive to approve every lifestyle consumed by lusts and passions, the…’

avgjo on July 11, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Burserker, it’s actually been many years since I pressed the lever for a D. Last presidential election I did that was in 2000.

9/11 and blogging changed me, especially since I started blogging on Israel and discovered how anti-Israel my liberal friends were. I’ve lost nearly all of them over my change in politics.

Meryl Yourish on July 11, 2012 at 2:43 PM

…I’ve lost nearly all of them over my change in politics.

Meryl Yourish on July 11, 2012 at 2:43 PM

{{{{hugs Meryl}}}} That’s gotta hurt… but if your old friends were so shallow that they cut you off because your new politics didn’t agree with theirs, then IMHO they never deserved to be your friends in the first place. I hope you have already found scores of new friends who are able to appreciate you (and other people) in all dimensions, not just the political one.

Mary in LA on July 11, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Mary: Yep. Both people who are liberal and don’t care what my politics are, and people who are conservative and agree with me. Also people who used to be liberal but changed over to center or center/right.

Meryl Yourish on July 11, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I always used to try to find one Democrat to vote for, even if it was some pointless local post. Clenis and the Dem’s unanimity in supporting his felonies cured me of that forever. You support a rapist and serial abuser of women, you don’t get my vote. Now I assume all Democrats would have supported him, so they can all burn in hell.

swinia sutki on July 13, 2012 at 6:30 AM