Another mom abuses bath salts, strips and goes ballistic in maternity ward
posted at 2:12 pm on July 10, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
The summer of naked bath salts-induced attacks continues apace. The latest abuser of the powerful hallucinogen was a brand-new mother in Altoona, Pa., who couldn’t wait until she had left the maternity ward to smoke a dose, strip naked, and embark on a violent rampage.
The Altoona Mirror reports that on June 17, two days after giving birth, 31-year-old Carla Murphy was found by a nurse rolling around on a shower floor naked and confused. When roused, Murphy sprung into frenetic action, taking off down the hall, screaming profanities and kicking and punching whoever crossed her path.
Hospital medical personnel were able to restrain her long enough to administer the anti-psychotic drug Haldol. But before the medication kicked in, Murphy became more aggressive, ultimately leaving staff no alternative but to summon police, who managed to get her back to her bed but not before she had bitten one of the officers.
Once the Haldol took effect, Murphy fell asleep—and was promptly handcuffed and arrested. Police found a pen among her possessions that had been dismantled and was covered in what appeared to be a drug residue. They also found a silver disc containing a white powder that Murphy identified as Disco—a street name for bath salts.
Later that day, police visited Murphy’s home accompanied by a Blair County Children, Youth & Families caseworker who had been sent to conduct an inspection of the residence. Michael W. Stewart, Murphy’s live-in boyfriend, authorized the inspection and also granted police permission to search the couple’s bedroom.
Once inside, police allegedly found an array of drug paraphernalia, including needles, aluminum foil, bath salt containers, and a broken glass bottle coated in a brown residue. Murphy and Stewart were both charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. Murphy additionally faces charges of aggravated assault, simple assault, disorderly conduct, public drunkenness, harassment, and several drug counts, including felony possession of a designer drug.
Stewart and Murphy are due to appear before a magisterial district judge on Aug. 8.
- Latest naked ‘zombie’ on bath salts threatens to eat arresting police officers
- NYS Mom high on ‘bath salts’ Tasered to death after attacking 3-year-old son
- First photos of face-eating victim; another naked man on ‘bath salts’
- Self-professed cannibal porn star nabbed by German police
- Did the CDC really need to reassure Americans there is no zombie apolcalypse?
- Another story of cannibalism surfaces, suspect under arrest
- Victim of face-eating attack in Miami graduated from Stuyvesant HS in NYC
- Naked man who chewed off face of another was high on LSD
- Miami police shoot and kill naked man chewing on another’s face
- Brazilian trio arrested for making turnovers out of two murder victims
- Homeless AZ man skins and eats cat, wears intestines as necklace
- Man arrested for hacking CT resident to death, eating eye and brain
- Zombie alert: Man tries to chew woman’s face off; a murderer strips
- Police Tase naked 80-year-old woman swinging cane at them
Recently in the Green Room: