Green Room

Border security for pu**ies: The Sir Robin border patrol strategy

posted at 12:41 pm on June 30, 2012 by

Border security = national security, and we’re in the hands of Sir Robin.

First, The Tale of Sir Robin:

And now, the news story, via Jawa:

Border Patrol union blasts Homeland Security instructions to ‘run away’ and ‘hide’ from gunmen

Border Patrol agents in Arizona are blasting their bosses for telling them, along with all other Department of Homeland Security employees, to run and hide if they encounter an “active shooter.”
It’s one thing to tell civilian employees to cower under a desk if a gunman starts spraying fire in a confined area, say members of Tucson Local 2544/National Border Patrol Council, but to give armed law enforcement professionals the same advice is downright insulting. The instructions from DHS come in the form of pamphlets and a mandatory computer tutorial.

Specifically,

Main Points of the “Active Shooter” training course
Evacuate: If there is an accessible escape path, attempt to evacuate the premises.
Hide out: If evacuation is not possible, find a place to hide where the active shooter is less likely to find you.
Take action: As a last resort, and only when your life is in imminent danger, attempt to disrupt and/or incapacitate the active shooter.

Say again? “Attempt to disrupt and/or incapacitate the active shooter”? Whatever happened to shoot to kill?

What’s next? Holler at them, “Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of eldel berries”?

Jawa also points out,

OT kinda but not considering the current head of DHS and her prior position as Gov of Arizona: Obama Contributor, Who Helped Enact Assault-Weapons Ban, Ran ‘Fast and Furious’

In 2003, when Napolitano became governor, Burke became her chief of staff. He stayed in that job until the fall of 2008, when he left to help Democratic political campaigns, including then-Sen. Obama’s presidential campaign

Read it all.

We’re in the best of hands.

Cross-posted at Fausta’s blog.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

OK, the course seems to cover workplace shootings, rather than shootings by cartel thugs at the border.

Now, that established, my question: has DHS gone insane? What are Border Patrol agents if not law enforcement? Aren’t they trained and experienced in dealing with shooters?

Seriously, if someone opens fire in their workplace, they’re supposed to run away and hide while clerks and administrators get picked off?

I understand that there may be jurisdictional issues with federal agents shooting in workplace situations in the different states, but it’s clear to me that it’s the jurisdictional issues that ought to be worked out. Such considerations should not prevent a trained law enforcement agent from taking down a shooter so that he can’t extend his spree.

J.E. Dyer on June 30, 2012 at 1:02 PM

DOESN’T THIS JUST MAKE YOUR BLOOD BOIL? I feel so sorry for our wonderful military having bho as cic and I feel so sorry having big sis in charge of dhs dealing with invaders into our Republic! Our whole nation is under attack by bho/team!
L

letget on June 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I thought it was ‘elderberries’.

Don’t tax me, bro.

Midas on June 30, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Ah liberals, I don’t even know why crap like this surprises me anymore. But it does. Congratulations on still being able to sink to new lows.

Cyhort on June 30, 2012 at 2:30 PM

This administration is so pathetic it’s hard to know what to say anymore.

They are beneath contempt. Especially Napolitano, who deserves particular scorn because of her willingness to screw over Arizonans in every possible way at every possible opportunity.

May you get everything you deserve, Janet, and then some.

AZCoyote on June 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I thought it was ‘elderberries’
Yikes! You’re right!

Fausta Wertz on June 30, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Crap, I just made the same point over at Ace of Spades HQ. Now everyone will think I plagiarized from this post. (I didn’t, by the way.)

RoadRunner on June 30, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I thought it was ‘elderberries’
Yikes! You’re right!

Fausta Wertz on June 30, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Hey, no worries – *any* Monty Python reference/clip is always appreciated. :)

Midas on June 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Hey, no worries – *any* Monty Python reference/clip is always appreciated. :)

Midas on June 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM

In that case, Ms. Napolitano needs a spanking a la “Zoot”.

Bad Zoot.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on June 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Frankly, things are bad enough on the Mexican Border that it should be militarized.

Quartermaster on July 1, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I took IS-907 on Monday. It is a good class – for non law enforcement workplaces. This is for the workplace, not public spaces even though it applies if your workplace is a public space. I work for a state agency and I’m going to post it for my civilians. We have officers too, but I wouldn’t even dare think to tell them they had to forget their training and cower under a desk! When I first read this post, I thought you were crazy thinking that DHS would apply this to LEO’s. I have to go on the Tucson Sector’s interview saying they did. I checked their web page and they have “Border Patrol Agents Taught to “Run Away” and “Hide” when Encountering a Shooter” posted, but it isn’t a live link.
I also wonder how much of this is a little kickback here in Tucson for the orders to ignore the SB1070 calls. I don’t think the BP unions are too happy with that one.
Anyone can take but you will have to give the DHS your SSN to get credit.

hazchic on July 1, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Next they’ll be telling the soldiers in Afghanistan the same thing. Our government is run by the biggest group of sissies I have ever seen.

Night Owl on July 1, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Next they’ll be telling the soldiers in Afghanistan the same thing. Our government is run by the biggest group of sissies lily-livered cowards I have ever seen.

Night Owl on July 1, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Fixed that for you.

Siddhartha Vicious on July 1, 2012 at 12:06 PM

This is stupid, because they took a course designed to cover unarmed office workers and made armed law enforcement officers take their training from it to satisfy a federal mandate that we all get trained to deal with “active shooters”.

It isn’t as bad as some might make it out, however, since it *isn’t* aimed at LE officers.

(I have taken the same course recently, and it is actually better than the old one which just told you to hide. At least this one says that you should take action to protect yourself and others, in extremis.)

GWB on July 2, 2012 at 9:01 AM