Green Room

DNC executive director not only spikes football, but uses profanity

posted at 4:28 pm on June 28, 2012 by

If the name Patrick Gaspard fails to ring a bell, you may want to make a note of it. Then again, considering the likelihood that it will become a conservative battle cry in efforts to repeal ObamaCare, you’re probably OK ignoring that advice.

Gaspard, for the record, is currently the Democratic National Committee’s executive director. I say currently in light of the fact that by the time you read this he will probably have undergone a status change to former DNC executive director.

Gaspard began his 15 minutes of fame earlier today when, unable to conceal his glee over the Supreme Court’s ruling on the individual mandate, he tweeted the following obscenity:

TAKE THAT MOTHER******S!!

After thirty minutes had passed, during which time Gaspard recognized the error of his ways, he tweeted again, this time posting:

I let my scotus excitement get the better of me. In all seriousness, this is an important moment in improving the lives of all Americans.

Then within minutes of that tweet, he reverted to Mr. Hyde, tweeting:

it’s constitutional. B***hes.

The Republican National Committee tweeted a response soon after, reading:

Do you hear that America? This is what Democrats think about your liberty. #FullRepeal RT @patrickgaspard: it’s constitutional. B***hes.

Liberals were unable to contain their own delight. One of them, blogger Joan Waslsh, tweeted:

I have to say, it may get him in trouble, but I still love@patrickgaspard’s first Tweet. It’s what Joe Biden would like to say.

If you’re looking for affirmation of how ill-advised and ugly the gesture was, there you go.

Related Articles

Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can reach me at howard.portnoy@gmail.com or by posting a comment below.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Do you think we’ll see feminist groups condemning him for his use of a sexist insult?

Mr. Prodigy on June 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Gasbag:

TAKE THAT MOTHER******S!!

I believe I will use the same phrase in my mind on the evening of November 6.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on June 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM

This is how Socialist thug allies of ACORN and the SEIU behave.

Buy Danish on June 28, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Democrats are scum.

single stack on June 28, 2012 at 4:57 PM

PROFANITY?!? oh dear

red_herring on June 28, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Perpetual adolescence.

visions on June 28, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Gaspard is an SEIU/ACORN thug. What did you expect??

rockmom on June 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Gaspard would say the same while manning a gas chamber.

Kungfoochimp on June 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I think these tweets should be featured prominently in a Romney ad juxtaposed with unemployed people and small businesses worried about the huge costs of Obamacare. Flash these quotes on the screen just to remind people of how the democrats view them and their concerns. I think mid-October would be a nice time for a reminder.

JohnInCA on June 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Considering the general coarseness of the modern Democratic Party, I wouldn’t be so sure.

I wonder if this little episode will be mentioned the next time some PBS or NPR pundit does another inevitable monologue bemoaning the “lack of civility” in politics?

Somehow I doubt it.

Dreadnought on June 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

This guy wouldn’t know football if you stuffed one, er, down his throat.

J.E. Dyer on June 29, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Democrats are scum.

single stack on June 28, 2012 at 4:57 PM

But they get what they want. And leave the rest of us holding the bag.

SagebrushPuppet on June 29, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Hey, Gaspard! See you in November, you smug jerk!

ZK on June 29, 2012 at 11:01 AM