Green Room

DNC executive director not only spikes football, but uses profanity

posted at 4:28 pm on June 28, 2012 by

If the name Patrick Gaspard fails to ring a bell, you may want to make a note of it. Then again, considering the likelihood that it will become a conservative battle cry in efforts to repeal ObamaCare, you’re probably OK ignoring that advice.

Gaspard, for the record, is currently the Democratic National Committee’s executive director. I say currently in light of the fact that by the time you read this he will probably have undergone a status change to former DNC executive director.

Gaspard began his 15 minutes of fame earlier today when, unable to conceal his glee over the Supreme Court’s ruling on the individual mandate, he tweeted the following obscenity:

TAKE THAT MOTHER******S!!

After thirty minutes had passed, during which time Gaspard recognized the error of his ways, he tweeted again, this time posting:

I let my scotus excitement get the better of me. In all seriousness, this is an important moment in improving the lives of all Americans.

Then within minutes of that tweet, he reverted to Mr. Hyde, tweeting:

it’s constitutional. B***hes.

The Republican National Committee tweeted a response soon after, reading:

Do you hear that America? This is what Democrats think about your liberty. #FullRepeal RT @patrickgaspard: it’s constitutional. B***hes.

Liberals were unable to contain their own delight. One of them, blogger Joan Waslsh, tweeted:

I have to say, it may get him in trouble, but I still love@patrickgaspard’s first Tweet. It’s what Joe Biden would like to say.

If you’re looking for affirmation of how ill-advised and ugly the gesture was, there you go.

Related Articles

Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can reach me at howard.portnoy@gmail.com or by posting a comment below.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Do you think we’ll see feminist groups condemning him for his use of a sexist insult?

Mr. Prodigy on June 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Gasbag:

TAKE THAT MOTHER******S!!

I believe I will use the same phrase in my mind on the evening of November 6.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on June 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM

This is how Socialist thug allies of ACORN and the SEIU behave.

Buy Danish on June 28, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Democrats are scum.

single stack on June 28, 2012 at 4:57 PM

PROFANITY?!? oh dear

red_herring on June 28, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Perpetual adolescence.

visions on June 28, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Gaspard is an SEIU/ACORN thug. What did you expect??

rockmom on June 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Gaspard would say the same while manning a gas chamber.

Kungfoochimp on June 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I think these tweets should be featured prominently in a Romney ad juxtaposed with unemployed people and small businesses worried about the huge costs of Obamacare. Flash these quotes on the screen just to remind people of how the democrats view them and their concerns. I think mid-October would be a nice time for a reminder.

JohnInCA on June 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Considering the general coarseness of the modern Democratic Party, I wouldn’t be so sure.

I wonder if this little episode will be mentioned the next time some PBS or NPR pundit does another inevitable monologue bemoaning the “lack of civility” in politics?

Somehow I doubt it.

Dreadnought on June 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

This guy wouldn’t know football if you stuffed one, er, down his throat.

J.E. Dyer on June 29, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Democrats are scum.

single stack on June 28, 2012 at 4:57 PM

But they get what they want. And leave the rest of us holding the bag.

SagebrushPuppet on June 29, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Hey, Gaspard! See you in November, you smug jerk!

ZK on June 29, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Top Pick

Your list of demands it a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM