Walmart shopper found super glued to toilet seat
posted at 2:18 pm on June 23, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
“Super Glue,” the product’s TV ads used to boast, showing a hefty construction worker, his hard hat sealed to a metal cross-beam above him, legs dangling. “You can do some amazing things with it!” Yeah, like cement your posterior to a toilet seat.
Police in Monticello, Ky., aren’t saying whether that’s what happened to a female shopper at Walmart who needed to be pried from the restroom throne last week after an hour’s captivity. “We are looking at it (referring to the incident, not the woman’s hindquarters!),” Police Chief Ralph Miniard told Lexington NBC affiliate LEX. “Right now I wouldn’t be prepared to say if it was accidental or intentional.”
The woman was unstuck by Emergency Medical Services and taken to a local hospital to be checked out.
Miniard said an investigation was underway but adds that he suspects that curiosity, not mischief, was behind the assault on the woman’s behind. “Super glue or that type of adhesive is very fast drying,” he explained to reporters. “If it had been there very long it wouldn’t have stuck.”
The adhesive, a single square-inch of which can hold more than a ton of weight, can also cause skin burns if a large amount is applied.
Remarkably, this is not the first case of a Walmart shopper getting caught with her pants down. FOX News Channel has a video report of another incident that occurred last year in Maryland. That case involved a 48-year-old male who was carried out of the store with the toilet seat still attached to him. This time the stunt, which took place on April Fool’s Day, was judged to be criminal mischief. The responsible party was charged with second-degree assault.
- Interactive product, Guitar Pee, converts urinal user into music whiz
- Technology update: Rent an online girlfriend for $5
- Upstate NY women arrested for strolling naked through store
- ‘Poo machine’ attracting crowds at Down Under art museum
- Dangerous new teen trend: Getting drunk on hand sanitizer
- NYC gets over 4 million false 911 calls … made by cell phone users’ butts
- Video of NYC teens playing ‘subway roulette’
- New spray causes instantaneous drunkenness followed by instantaneous sobriety
- Oreo ad of baby feeding on exposed breast slips past the censors
- Nude maid service in Texas turning heads … including those of local police
- CO woman rubs naked butt, urinates on $30 million painting
- SD woman breaks into home … to breastfeed a stranger’s baby