Adults heckle NYC schoolchildren singing patriotic song
posted at 4:14 pm on June 22, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
Despite evidence to the contrary, including the occasional poll, liberals are forever whining that they are just as patriotic as conservatives. When Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin compared the actions of U.S. military in 2005 to those of the “Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime—Pol Pot,” he was just exercising his right to “dissent.”
Fine, liberals are great patriots. Well, not all of them. One would be more than justified in questioning the patriotism of the loud-mouthed buffoon off to the left in this video (cue 1:15). Billy Hallowell of The Blaze.com sets the stage:
Parents, outraged by [Brooklyn elementary school] Principal Greta Hawkins’ decision to ban the [singing of Lee Greenwood’s patriotic anthem “God Bless the USA” at a kindergarten graduation], organized [a] protest and invited Rep. Bob Turner (R-N.Y.) to attend (he’s running against Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand). But the event, which was assembled to allow the children and families to make their opposition to Hawkins’ stance known, went terribly wrong when some adults chose to shout over the children in protest.
But it wasn’t just the fact of adults drowning out the voices of young children that cast a pall over the event. It was the content of their taunts and jeers that really drove home the ugliness of their counter protest.
Back to the guy in the black shirt and white baseball cap: At one point in the video, he can be plainly be heard shouting, “You Republicans come go to a Republican area and do that, we don’t do that here. This is ridiculous, this is sad. This is so crazy. This is sad.”
Sad doesn’t begin to describe it, and I’m not referring to the singing. The same galoot later shouts at the children, “You all are going to burn in hell. You all burn in hell. Shame on you. Shame on you.”
At one point the children begin chanting “USA, USA, USA!“ That’s what I would call patriotism.
- Shock video: Middle schoolers verbally abuse, threaten 68-year-old bus monitor
- History teacher suspended after airing video of porn star cannibalizing lover
- Middle school students suspended for watching porn, masturbating, in class
- Parents in need of parents: Angry mothers brawl at pre-school graduation
- Middle school student suspended for wiping hands on Old Glory
- NYC public school to require students grades 2 through 5 to learn Arabic
- Elementary school misspells own name; error goes unnoticed for 8 years
- Teacher tells 7-year-old she’s ‘too sexy’ for gym class
- Teacher tells 6th grade class that ‘Republicans are stupid’
- Middle school assignment: Find flaws in GOP candidates—but not president
- Left desperate for stories supporting its ‘conservatives are stupid’ narrative
- NYC math teacher captured on video spitting in face of student
- NYC teacher making $100K in rubber room refuses to retire
- Word ‘school’ misspelled on crosswalk outside NYC school
- CA teacher will lower grade of any student who says ‘God bless you’