Dead dog receives voter registration form; MSM blames ‘voter ID laws’
posted at 11:52 am on June 19, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
Roanoke, Va., NBC affiliate WSLS reports that Tim Morris, a resident of the town of Goodview, was surprised when he opened a recent piece of mail and found it contained voter registration forms for “Mo” (h/t Matt Drudge).
Morris claims that he laughed, initially thinking it was all a prank. That is because Mo was the family’s nickname for their poodle, Mozart, who has been dead for two years.
“He would have been 19 years old this year and he passed away two years ago,” Morris told reporters. “I still have no earthly idea how they got his information.”
That piece of the puzzle is hinted at later in the broadcast:
10 On Your Side looked deeper and found that the voter registration forms were sent by the non-profit Voter Participation Center, not the State Board of Elections. [Emphasis added]
So we contacted the Voter Participation Center and found that they purchase mailing lists from vendors and while they do try and check every name the organization admits that some do fall through the cracks.
The voter registration efforts are focused on groups like young people, minorities, and unmarried women.
But there is another element to the story that smacks ofmedia bias. Watch the lead-in to the video on this page, and notice how the anchor introduces the segment. She begins by stating that a Virginia mandate requiring that voters present a photo ID at the polls “has led to an interesting situation.” She even mentions Gov. Bob McDonald, a Republican, by name in connection with the snafu, pointing out that McDonald signed the legislation just last month.
But the Voter Participation Center (VPC), which the report admits was responsible for the mix-up, is in no way associated with the passage of the voter ID law—and in factstands vigorously opposed to such laws. It is their actions, not the new law, that created the “interesting situation” detailed in the segment.
Notice also that while the anchor describes VPC as “non-profit,” she conveniently omits the fact that it leans heavily left in its politics, as can be ascertained by perusing theheadings and openings paragraphs of the group’s recent news releases.
- NM dog becomes registered voter
- Hank the cat sets sights on U.S. Senate seat from Virginia
- Eric Holder ‘punk’d’: White man IDing himself as Holder offered AG’s ballot
- Is Obama courting the ‘dead’ vote?
- NAACP worker sentenced to prison for voter fraud
- The truth behind Holder’s push for ‘electoral equality’
- Election law: Eric Holder’s cowardice is showing
- Federal judge: Nonpartisan elections are unfair to minorities
- CT mayor seeks to extend voting rights to illegal immigrants
- Bombshell: Justice Department accused of encouraging voter fraud
- New documentary alleges voter fraud by Obama campaign in 2008 primaries
- Breaking: Obama administration wastes $100 million paying electric bills of dead people
- Over $22 million in stimulus money sent to dead people
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style