Obama’s former law school professor says he ‘must be defeated’ (Video)
posted at 12:28 pm on June 18, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
The president’s bad couples of weeks just grew immeasurably worse. At a time when he is attempting to reboot his floundering campaign and defend an immigration policy that many are viewing as a power grab nakedly designed to buy Hispanic votes, one of his former law school professors has come out strongly opposed to his reelection.
In a video posted on May 22, Harvard Law School professor Robert Mangabeira Unger is unwavering in his criticism. “President Obama must be defeated in the coming election,” he states, adding that such a loss is necessary in order for “the voice of democratic prophecy to speak once again in American life.”
But the good professor doesn’t stop there. He goes on to opine that if Mitt Romney wins, “there will be a cost … in judicial and administrative appointments” but observes that “the risk of military adventurism” would be no worse under a Republican than under Obama.
He then recites a list of grievances against the president’s policies that include selling out to “moneyed interests” while leaving “workers and homeowners to their own devices.”
His remarks also include this contrarian prescription:
Give the bond markets what they want, bail out the reckless so long as they are also rich, use fiscal and monetary stimulus to make up for the absence of any consequential broadening of economic and educational opportunity, sweeten the pill of disempowerment with a touch of tax fairness, even though the effect of any such tax reform is sure to be modest. This is less a project than it is an abdication.
The White House has not yet offered a response to Unger’s statement.
- Obama busted: Thursday’s economic reboot speech recycled from earlier address
- Obama speech preview: ‘We can’t afford to go back to failed policies’
- New polls: Obama’s support dwindling among Jews, whites, and even some blacks
- WH: On Monday president was ‘law professor, spoke in shorthand’
- In efforts to defend SCOTUS attack, Obama steps deeper in his own mess
- Obama’s ‘gotcha’ moment reveals his ignorance of the law
- For Obama the SCOTUS ruling on ObamaCare is a single-edge sword
- Coming attractions: Breitbart’s videos of Obama’s college years
- Is Obama as mainstream as the left thinks? His views vs those of Socialist Party
- The MSM, Barack Obama, Saul Alinsky, and the price of denial
- Has Obama at last become the one they’ve been waiting for?
- Bernie Goldberg: Distrust of media harks back to ‘love affair’ with Obama
- Obama’s autocratic dream (Video)
Recently in the Green Room:
- “I don’t think you’d find…even a small number of Republicans voting for any kind of bill that has amnesty first and enforcement second”
- Photo of the day
- Programming note: Hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show this week
- It’s come to this: Democrats now complaining that … the Senate hasn’t passed a budget
- Video: The worst pageant answer ever?