Green Room

Parents in need of parents: Angry mothers brawl at pre-school graduation

posted at 11:57 am on June 14, 2012 by

More evidence emerges to suggest that not everyone is come out for parenthood, and some are not cut out for life in civilized society. A video from EAGnews.org (h/t Drudge Report) shows about a half dozen mothers going at it tooth and claw, as their own young children look on in horror and scream.

The occasion was a pre-school graduation at Weemes Elementary School in Los Angeles. The only extant report on what went down is a quote from the parent who shot the video, which has posted along with the footage:

This all started because my son’s teacher was so unorganized. Basically because of budget issues all the kids had to share a cap and gown for pictures. One of the moms in the video was basically taking over and the other one didn’t like it and told her something about it. The sad part was that there was an older lady that got pushed and she actually hit her head on a bookshelf and I rushed to help her but when this other mom rush to help us the angry women actually attacked the other mom.

One could claim that the children are still young and their minds malleable, that the image of their moms punching and scratching one another become a faded memory as they grow older. Then again, one could also face reality, which includes the likelihood that the behavior displayed in this classroom is somehow not a one-off episode for many if not all of these women.

The unseemly incident comes days after another in which a Brooklyn principal canceled plans for a popular patriotic song to be performed at the school’s kindergarten graduation and was met with a fusillade of hideously racist comments, many posted on Facebook. One parent wrote of the principal, who is black, “You are a filthy, dirty, ugly subhuman gorilla.” Another scored a racist twofer, writing, “N****** and their Jew commie bosses are the scum of the earth.”

As with the pre-K brawl, one can only imagine that the offspring of these parents are exposed to this type of hate speech at home.

Related Articles

Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can reach me at howard.portnoy@gmail.com or by posting a comment below.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Link for the vid is bad.

catmman on June 14, 2012 at 12:07 PM

With apologies to a coworkerfrrnd of mine who held a small pre-school graduation party for her eldest son this past weekend… these events are stupid.

But then, I wanted to squeazel out of both my high school and university graduation ceremonies, but the parental units werent havin’ none o’ that.

Jeddite on June 14, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Good link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrBNZGVRTOY

For some reason, people are down dinging it.

Anyway, normal people would have grabbed their kid and gotten out of there. I’m sorry but it is a cultural issue and there is something seriously wrong with black culture.

Blake on June 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Give me a break. The teacher didn’t throw the first punch. And all those women appeared to be dressed in the latest fashions. They could have kicked in a few bucks to help with any “budget issues.”

Blake on June 14, 2012 at 12:19 PM

My only three graduation ceremonies were for high school, college and grad school and somehow I survived.

Only got a cake and a couple of presents for my birthday, family only and somehow survived.

This self-esteem movement is out of control. We’re going to have graduation cermemonies/parties for potty training completion soon if not already.

NoDonkey on June 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Link for the vid is bad.

My apologies. Here is a working link:

Howard Portnoy on June 14, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Wow, none of my graduations were that exciting. I had 3 graduations, high school, junior college, and senior college. Honestly I really enjoyed the junior college, since it was a small atmosphere and the reception was nice to talk with people without getting into a brawl.

Imrahil on June 14, 2012 at 1:05 PM

all the kids had to share a cap and gown for pictures

huh? pre-school? even in kindergarten I was only given my best finger-painting (it wasn’t very good and at the time Mrs. Ames even told my mom that perhaps I should steer away from the arts as a career).

teejk on June 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Now that some schools are pushing “graduation” ceremonies from darn near every grade level, a lot of the kids really don’t care any more when they finally get to their first “real” graduation from high school.
So what? – we’ve done this every year of my life.

dentarthurdent on June 14, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Well, good. They should all grow up to be nice little gangstas.

kbTexan on June 14, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Blake on June 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Here’s a hint. How many fathers did you see in the video?

kbTexan on June 14, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Pre-school?

That means most of the ‘parents’ gotta be at least 17 or 18 years old – maybe?

catmman on June 14, 2012 at 2:47 PM

First I thought, cap and gown for PRE-SCHOOL??? But then it occurred to me… these parents might be thinking their kids might not make it to middle-school graduation, much less high-school. Get the pics while you can.

Marcola on June 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM

If this isn’t Obama’s vision for America, I don’t know what is. If you don’t pay for something, you don’t appreciate it.

xdwall on June 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM

One thing head racist obama has done is expose the horrid black racist culture that has been the result of the democrat welfare state. This is the result of the white taxpayers financing these horrible people, who then spit in our face and demand more. We can now tell it like it is for these people are their own worst enemies. No fathers around, not that you would want them. These children are only revenue generators for their waste of oxygen mothers. These two or three generations will NEVER be a good member of our society. We are done supporting them. Let the riots begin. For the children…

frizzbee on June 14, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Blake on June 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I think you mean ENTITLEMENT culture. The black community was the first hurt by this, but it has spread to the white suburbs. When people feel entitled to something, they get angry when it isn’t handed to them.

Laura in Maryland on June 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM

My kids’ pre-school (which we had to PAY for) had a year end picnic and were given a little certificate at the end of the day. I don’t remember any fists flying…EVAH!

Laura in Maryland on June 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I was taught if you didn’t have enough to share with the group not to bring it (usually candy or gum). This would have been wise advice for the caps and gowns. Not enough? Nobody wears one.
And I think some people are jumping to some mighty big conclusions on this thread based on nothing but skin color.
But yes, the behavior here was unacceptable. The worst part was listening to the child/children screaming in the background.

hopeful on June 14, 2012 at 7:20 PM

This is ridiculous.. My daughter’s preschool stapled paper hats and made paper diplomas, sang a few songs and bam they graduated. All the parents bought a dish to pass. It was wonderful and didn’t cost much at all. Why do they need something elaborate for something they probably won’t even remember?

melle1228 on June 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM

The whole concept of a pre-school graduation is idiotic. Graduations should be reserved for when they actually mean something – high school, college, and graduate/professional school.

DavidW on June 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

The concept of a pre-school graduation is idiotic. Graduations should be reserved for when they actually mean something – high school, college, and graduate/professional school.

DavidW on June 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I think you mean ENTITLEMENT culture.

Laura in Maryland on June 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM

You are entitled to write what you meant, but don’t tell me what I meant.

Blake on June 15, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Why am I not suprised!

ColdWarrior57 on June 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Jeddite on June 14, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I agree…but good for your parents. Unlike pre-school “graduation”, those events actually meant something.

MelonCollie on June 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM