Parents in need of parents: Angry mothers brawl at pre-school graduation
posted at 11:57 am on June 14, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
More evidence emerges to suggest that not everyone is come out for parenthood, and some are not cut out for life in civilized society. A video from EAGnews.org (h/t Drudge Report) shows about a half dozen mothers going at it tooth and claw, as their own young children look on in horror and scream.
The occasion was a pre-school graduation at Weemes Elementary School in Los Angeles. The only extant report on what went down is a quote from the parent who shot the video, which has posted along with the footage:
This all started because my son’s teacher was so unorganized. Basically because of budget issues all the kids had to share a cap and gown for pictures. One of the moms in the video was basically taking over and the other one didn’t like it and told her something about it. The sad part was that there was an older lady that got pushed and she actually hit her head on a bookshelf and I rushed to help her but when this other mom rush to help us the angry women actually attacked the other mom.
One could claim that the children are still young and their minds malleable, that the image of their moms punching and scratching one another become a faded memory as they grow older. Then again, one could also face reality, which includes the likelihood that the behavior displayed in this classroom is somehow not a one-off episode for many if not all of these women.
The unseemly incident comes days after another in which a Brooklyn principal canceled plans for a popular patriotic song to be performed at the school’s kindergarten graduation and was met with a fusillade of hideously racist comments, many posted on Facebook. One parent wrote of the principal, who is black, “You are a filthy, dirty, ugly subhuman gorilla.” Another scored a racist twofer, writing, “N****** and their Jew commie bosses are the scum of the earth.”
As with the pre-K brawl, one can only imagine that the offspring of these parents are exposed to this type of hate speech at home.
- 8-year-old slashes fellow school student with blade in schoolyard fight
- Middle school student suspended for wiping hands on Old Glory
- NJ mother arrested for taking 6-year-old to tanning salon
- Teacher tells 7-year-old she’s ‘too sexy’ for gym class
- Shock video of disabled teen being tortured by ‘teachers’ shown at trial
- School up in arms over student’s mural depicting ‘nuclear family’
- Special needs student dies after teacher makes him wear ‘homemade’ neck brace
- Father arrested, strip-searched after 4-year-old draws ‘man with gun’
- Sixth NYC school staff member in 2 months arrested for groping students
- School claims 7-year-old is racist for asking classmate about skin color
- Brooklyn mother abandons daughters, 3 and 5, on sidewalk, drives off (Update)
- Four-year-old brings marijuana to school, offers to share with classmates
- School accuses 6-year-old of sexual assault during schoolyard game of tag
- NJ boy suspended from school because Muslim girl overheard him say “Taliban”
- Parents lose custody of son they named Adolf Hitler, two other children