Green Room

In which Jorge Ramos goes live and hammers the Obama campaign

posted at 12:29 pm on June 12, 2012 by

If you are one of my regular readers, then you KNOW that I have issues with Univision’s news coverage, and you are intimately familiar with my long-running suspicions of bias.  But what’s right is right, and I just don’t remember ever seeing anything quite like this.

The Obama campaign recently included Univision News footage in a campaign ad.  Anchor emeritus Jorge Ramos was NOT pleased (hit CC if the captions don’t immediately pop up).

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyIegrlFIUs]

The mainstream media’s current condition as house organ for the Institutional Left is a well-documented part of the public record, which makes pushback such as this all the more unprecedented.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know OFA’s Director of Hispanic Press was a founding producer of Al Punto (and more than likely, the person on the business end of Jorge Ramos’ displeasure), and I know that their last couple of Presidential interviews have been virtual tee-ball.  I know.  Still, good for Ramos to protest being used as a campaign prop, unlike his MSM peers who seemingly volunteer for the job.

Even so, the optics of this kind of media pushback can only add to what had to have been the Obama campaign’s worst week evah.  It’s one thing to lose the media.  It’s entirely another to begin to lose Univision.

Crossposted at El Tercer Riel.  Spanish-language version available here.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Thank you for this post Jorge! I sure hope more will be willing to do what Ramos did!

I just wonder how many Latino’s ARE really all that thrilled with bho and would vote for him? The fact many are Catholic’s and bhocare the Catholic Church is going to court over might make them go for Mitt?
L

letget on June 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Obama’s stepping in it everywhere he goes.

darwin on June 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I wonder how long it will be before BO blames BO for all the stuff he keeps stepping into.

JohnFLob on June 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM
Top Pick

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Top Pick

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…