Chris Matthews tired of being asked if he still feels ‘thrill up his leg’
posted at 5:51 pm on May 26, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
Greetings! Another “jackass” here taking an opportunity to remind readers of MSNBC’s Chris Matthews’s unfortunate (for him) decision in 2008 to announce that a speech by then-candidate Barack Obama sent a “thrill up” his “leg.”
I wouldn’t be bothering except that Matthews recently told another TB audience, “Perhaps I shouldn’t have said so because I’ve given a lot of jackasses the chance to talk about it.”
The occasion, Mediabistro reports, was a panel discussion on a cable station in Boston that included CNN’s John King, Univision’s Maria Salenas, and the Hardball host. The moderator was C-SPAN’s Steve Scully, who had the temerity to ask Matthews whether the thrill is gone.
Matthews’s visible annoyance is evident in this video clip from the program. In it, he admits to having made the same idiotic comment in 2004 (two’s a charm?), predicting as well that Obama would become “the first African-American president,” which Matthews self-indulgently insists “makes me look a little sharper.” If he says so!
He goes on to scold Scully: “I hope that you feel satisfied that you’ve used the most obvious question that is raised by every horse’s ass right-winger I ever bump into.”
On this point, I can actually sympathize with Matthews. If I had a nickel for every time someone made a joke about me that riffed on my surname—and those who have include a few fellow journalists I hold in high regard—I would be a wealthy man. The difference is that I had no role in the literary stylings of Philip Roth, while Matthews’s thrill is 100% his.
- Does America dare fire its first black president?
- Romney bully story shows MSM will shill for Obama again in 2012 election
- NBC calls on ‘voice of reason’ Al Sharpton to critique Limbaugh
- Why the left still ‘likes’ Obama
- Barack Obama’s sneer campaign
- Purple people eaters set white teen on fire
- MSM distorts news reporting in order to play race card
- MSNBC calls AP racist for dropping final g’s in transcribing Obama’s speech
- MSNBC anchor Contessa Brewer’s challenge to congressman backfires
- Dem 2012 campaign slogan: ‘We’re not perfect, but they’re nuts’
- Chris Matthews: Anti-Obama “fanatics” in U.S. no better than Afghan murderers
- Poll: Race relations no better under Obama; new WH painting may explain why
- Chris Matthews: Palin followers don’t “watch serious TV shows like mine” (VIDEO)
- When Chris (Matthews) met Glenn (Beck): A civil dialog (Video)
- On MSNBC, radical cartoonist Ted Rall rallies left to take up arms
Recently in the Green Room:
- “I don’t think you’d find…even a small number of Republicans voting for any kind of bill that has amnesty first and enforcement second”
- Photo of the day
- Programming note: Hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show this week
- It’s come to this: Democrats now complaining that … the Senate hasn’t passed a budget
- Video: The worst pageant answer ever?