Green Room

Give Obama the Medal of Honor!

posted at 12:35 pm on May 1, 2012 by

We are honored to have such a valorous warrior as our Commander in Chief. The bravery, the self sacrifice, the sheer guts he demonstrated last year is without peer in the history of this nation. Lincoln’s steadfastness during the Civil War pales by comparison.

Surely he deserves to be given the Medal of Honor for that act, don’t you think? It’s the highest honor this nation can bestow on a member of the military, and is granted for “conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his or her life above and beyond the call of duty while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States.”

Well! If that doesn’t describe President Obama, I don’t know who it does describe. So I say, give that man the Medal of Honor!

He can keep it next to his Nobel Prize.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

…don’t you think?

No, but if it gets him out of office any sooner, I would go for it. Medal of freedom, maybe?

cozmo on May 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I wondered if he would give himself a shout out as he was about to award the medal to himself.

HumpBot Salvation on May 1, 2012 at 12:46 PM

HumpBot Salvation on May 1, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I believe the shout-out task would fall to Biden. (Who would also speajk sonorously of the president’s big stick.)

J.E. Dyer on May 1, 2012 at 12:55 PM

He makes a speech as he awards it to himself. Once he’s handed it to himself he makes another speech. Wait, has he not done this yet?

onomo on May 1, 2012 at 12:58 PM

The man, the legend, I suppose to paraphrase Chris Mathews, “The Tingler”. Again, is this late? He conquered Bin Lamadama, the ticker tape reelection campaign has been in full swing for going on 3 years now, where’s his frigg’n medal for cryeye!?

onomo on May 1, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Excellent

cmsinaz on May 1, 2012 at 1:12 PM

As much as I would love to make some stinging jokes about this, and I fully understand the sarcasm – which I like – I just have too much respect for the real MOH recipients to be able to joke about such a disgrace.

dentarthurdent on May 1, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Well he is the most smartest, bravest, superdupereist, bestist, most brilliant human being to breath air evah!

keithofboston on May 1, 2012 at 1:41 PM

A video of the awards ceremony and of him pinning it on himself would make a great campaign spot, dontcha think?

Dear Leader could read the citation describing his heroic acts and awarding the medal to himself. Then Dear Leaser could pin it on himself. And then he could give his acceptance speech thanking himself for all of the selfless effort he made. That would be just awesome. The adoring crowds would swoon and the grateful tears of a nation would flow.

farsighted on May 1, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of “Animal Hero First Class” and “Animal Hero Second Class”….those would be more appropriate I think…

moc23 on May 1, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Obama is so dreamy.

John the Libertarian on May 1, 2012 at 3:51 PM

The ceremony can be followed by a reception featuring champagne and golden retriver tartare.

bitsy on May 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM

SPEAK LOUDLY AND CARRY A BIG STICK

Marcola on May 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM

The minute it was announced that Obraggart was to receive the Medal of Honor, every previous true and authentic recipient of the honor would immediately return theirs.

stukinIL4now on May 1, 2012 at 8:03 PM

This whole topic and thread begs the question:

When SSgt Salvatore Giunta, the first living Marine since Vietnam to win the MOH, received his Medal, his wife and family were placed back in the third row at the White House ceremony while political hacks like Dodd,Frank et al, were seated up front. I wonder if at BO’s ceremony, Michelle Antoinette and their two girls would be shunted to the rear?

Hmmmm

Pecozbill on May 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Sal Giunta is an Army sergeant.
Dakota Meyer is the Marine.

dentarthurdent on May 2, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Pecozbill on May 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM

But I agree with your primary point.

dentarthurdent on May 2, 2012 at 10:17 AM

The big difference I’ve seen of the MOH recipients I’ve met/seen in person (Sal Giunta, Bud Day, Leo Thorsness) are what incredibly humble and grateful (to be alive) people they are – which on its own disqualifies Obummer for membership in that group. These guys all say things like “I just did what any other guy in my unit would have done, I just happened to be the one in the position to do it.” Sal (and also the others in different words) also said that he would happily give up the MOH and much more to have back the buddies who were lost.

And BTW – they do NOT refer to themselves as MOH winners but MOH recipients – they say they don’t feel like they won anything.

dentarthurdent on May 2, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I am just looking for the military to “have had it” and take action … look at this

deafy on May 2, 2012 at 11:56 AM

deafy on May 2, 2012 at 11:57 AM

That’s a bad link – I would highly recommend people NOT click on it.

dentarthurdent on May 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM

dentarthurdent,
why is it a bad link? It worked, and has some information … is it a lie or what? are you one of usurper’s plants?

deafy on May 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM

deafy on May 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM

When I clicked on it – the page just went into a non-stop scroll of html code – looked like a virus or something cutting loose.

dentarthurdent on May 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM

deafy on May 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I am curious because of it having USNORTHCOM in the title. I worked for NORAD for many years and helped stand up USNORTHCOM as a support contractor in the headquarters (so I’m an original plank owner – per the Navy tradition).

dentarthurdent on May 2, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Raymond ShawBarack Obama is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.

JimC on May 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM

dentarthurdent

I didn’t have that problem … I did have that sometimes on my computer, with various sites, and sometimes it took a long time before I finally see something … dunno the cause of that … but if you let this one load up, you will see some interesting info

deafy on May 2, 2012 at 3:12 PM

deafy on May 2, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I tried again and it didn’t scroll – but the text was huge and where I assume there should be photos or something embedded was just a mess of html code in blocks covering a lot of the text – totally unreadable page. I may have to try it from home later.

dentarthurdent on May 2, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Yes, I got the same thing and had to copy and paste each of those urls into the address bar … it is time consuming, if you want to pursue it … but the part where it is not that way, there is enough text to read of what is going on in the military circles … THAT is what excites me! I really pray that they will go for it!

deafy on May 2, 2012 at 5:38 PM

IT guy here. I can confirm the link is safe right now. The container the text is displayed in is in Java. Make sure you have that installed and updated.

Kanyin on May 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Top Pick

It’s more about the powers of the Presidency at this point

A second look at paper ballots?

Jazz Shaw Jun 26, 2017 10:41 AM
Top Pick

Low tech solutions to high tech crime

No extra beatings required, thanks

A “”massive, massive f*** up…”

This is totally amazing!

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”