Green Room

Down.

posted at 1:26 pm on May 1, 2012 by

From the ashes of “Hope” and “Change” now rises “Forward”.  Unless you look “forward” to more of the same (or worse), I can’t think of anything that has happened over the course of the past 3-plus years which could possibly justify the use of “Forward” as a campaign slogan.  I leave you with the words of Ronald Reagan, which heighten the stakes of this election, and reveal Obama’s true directional appeal (click below for ‘shop):

Cross-posted at El Tercer Riel (The Third Rail).

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Good one, one of my favorite Reagan clips!

lovingmyUSA on May 1, 2012 at 2:15 PM

If I could edit after the fact, I’d resize this thing. Sorry, folks!

Jorge Bonilla on May 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM

If I could edit after the fact, I’d resize this thing. Sorry, folks!

Jorge Bonilla on May 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Tip from a fellow sufferer: width of all images posted to the GR should be a max of 550 pixels. A quick way to reduce image size is to open the image with Microsoft Office Picture Manager and “Resize,” reducing by percentage of original size. The height-width ratio will be preserved, as long as you don’t fiddle with anything except the percentage block. (It has a down-arrow toggle to reduce from 100% of original size to whatever percentage will get you to a width of about 550 pixels.)

All that said, I’m entranced by the giant ants.

J.E. Dyer on May 1, 2012 at 5:40 PM

J.E. Dyer on May 1, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Thanks for the tip! RE: the ants, I tried to evoke Reagan’s “ant-heap of totalitarianism”.

Jorge Bonilla on May 1, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Or, how about “OUT”.

TexasDan on May 2, 2012 at 10:41 AM

A familiar GOP pattern when in power: Squabbling

Andrew Malcolm Jun 29, 2017 10:01 AM
Top Pick

Not exactly teamwork.

Top Pick

Merkel plots confrontation on climate change.

Button it up.

“I repeat I am innocent of these charges. They are false.”

Just a reminder: People will die

Allahpundit Jun 28, 2017 10:41 PM

“Whipped cream’s killing more people than ever before.”

Medicare for all?

“There comes a point where you gotta get off the crazy train.”

Poll: Dem voters glumly sticking with Pelosi

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 8:41 PM

Disaster ahead?

“When she left it, it was in better shape than it had ever been.”

Manafort, firm registers as foreign agents

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Better late than never?

Delivered as promised

“I would like to think that the president saved many innocent men, women and children.”

“The Russia investigation was by far the dominant topic…”

The merry little media war continues.

Criminal enterprise

Politico: Has the SPLC lost its way?

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 3:01 PM

“The organization has always tried to find ways to milk money out of the public…”

Trump legal team backing away from Comey complaint?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 2:31 PM

De-escalation?

Time to get up and go to work, sir

CNN gets glum, defensive after resignations

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 1:01 PM

“If Jeff lit himself on fire, it wouldn’t appease the pro-Trump media.”

Hmmm: FBI probing Russia-based anti-virus firm?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 12:31 PM

“I wouldn’t put their stuff on my computer if you paid me.”

He works hard for the money…

It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a freaking avalanche.

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”