Comic video titled “Pray for (WH dog) Bo”: Pass it along
posted at 2:13 pm on April 24, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer may have thought he was giving the White House a gift last week by publicizing the fact that Mitt Romney’s father was born in polygamy commune in Mexico, but instead Schweitzer gave the president a bad case of agitá. Attempting to cast Romney as an outsider, Team Obama wisely acknowledged, would only raise fresh questions about the president’s exotic childhood in Indonesia.
The administration learned all about playing with fire when it tried to capitalize on Romney’s inhumane treatment of his pet dog only to have the revelation backfire. No sooner had the story of Seamus Romney’s being banished to a rooftop carrier gone live than Andrew Breitbart himself rose from the grave and revealed that Obama, by his own admission, had eaten dog as a child.
Now, try as the White House might to put an end to the tweets that “Obama is full of Shih Tzu” and the like, the tales (tails?) of his feasting on filet of canine are likely to—well … dog the president all the way to Election Day.
The latest merrymaking at Obama’s expense is a comic video titled “Pray for Bo.” The background music is the same smarmy tune used in those godless commercials for the Humane Society that show mercilessly battered and withered animals staring dolefully out from their cages. The send-up begins by noting in somber white-on-black text that “Every day, a chilling reality could be playing out at the White House,” followed by a still shot of First Family pooch Bo. The video ends with its title message and the hash tags #PrayForBo and #ObamaAteDog.
- Dems’ efforts to paint Romney as outsider are likely to backfire
- During long-winded Biden speech, Obama wrote to aide ‘Shoot. Me. Now.’
- Breaking: Ann Romney would be first ‘unemployed’ First Lady in 6 decades
- Obama sets tone for election with joke about Romney’s stiffness
- The left’s not-so-faux war on women
- Sandra Fluke: Pols should be given ‘pro-woman’ litmus test prior to election
- Bristol Palin open letter asks: ‘Mr. President, when should I expect your call?’
- O’Reilly exposes possible WH connection to Fluke
- Charles Blow apologizes for religious insult, NYT ready to ‘move on’
- Barack Obama’s ‘uncivil war’
- Another fight Obama is ‘willing to have’
- Romney: Perfect at feeding ad lines to the opposition
- New DNC chair calls GOP women ‘anti-women’; GOP females fight back
- Newsweek’s Evan Thomas on Obama’s speech: “He was being a [bleep] Democrat”
Recently in the Green Room: