Oreo ad of baby feeding on exposed breast slips past the censors
posted at 3:54 pm on April 21, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
Kraft Foods is crying over spilled milk, but, contrary to the popular adage, the company may have something to cry about. An ad showing a baby of Asian extraction holding an Oreo cookie as it nurses on an exposed human breast was accidentally released.
The image has making the Internet rounds, usually with a geometric shape surprinted over the woman’s otherwise visible nipple. (The uncensored version can be viewed by clicking here.)
CBS St. Louis was told by a spokesperson for Kraft that the ad was not intended for mass public consumption:
‘We’d like to clarify that Kraft Foods did not create this visual,’ a spokesperson said in a statement via e-mail. ‘In fact, this visual was created by our agency for a one-time use at an advertising awards program.’
The spokesperson added, ‘It was never intended for public distribution or use with consumers. And it has never run in Korea or any other markets.’
The caption at the bottom of the ad reads, “Milk’s favorite cookie,” employing the tagline in a current campaign for this popular product.
The problem that Kraft is encountering affords a cautionary tale about the World Wide Web, which might be more appropriately be dubbed the World Wide Octopus. Its tentacles are everywhere and impossible to avoid.
- Bloomberg uses ‘photoshopped amputation’ to deliver diabetes message
- Woman driver claims her 38KKK breasts saved her life in crash
- Woman busted for DUI says big boobs made her fail sobriety test
- SD woman breaks into home … to breastfeed a stranger’s baby
- NY mom arrested for feeding baby cocaine-laced breast milk
- For the palate that’s had everything: Breast milk ice cream
- Starbucks bug juice
- NY’s ban on smoking outdoors: A bridge too far?
- New York Hasidic newspaper edits Clinton out of iconic Situation Room photo
- Teens sentenced to probation after serving birthday cake ‘iced’ with human feces
- Glitch in NYC health code law allows filthy restaurants to stay open
- Vermin-infested sushi bar stays open after NYC Health Dept orders it closed
- E. coli found at NYC Starbucks that received “A” grades from NYC Health Dept
- Busty model banned
Recently in the Green Room: