DOJ dismisses O’Keefe Holder ballot video as ‘manufactured’ voter fraud
posted at 10:36 am on April 10, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
The U.S. Department of Justice has responded to a revealing video by James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas that shows a young white male entering a D.C. polling place on primary day, identifying himself as Eric Holder, and being handed a ballot. The good news is that the DOJ concedes that the actions depicted exemplify voter fraud. The bad news is that they write the incident off as an example of “manufactured” voter fraud.
The Daily Caller reports having reached out to Justice, which refused to make a statement, taking its case instead to the left-leaning blog Talking Points Memo. An unnamed spokesperson told TPM, “It’s no coincidence that these so-called examples of rampant voter fraud consistently turn out to be manufactured ones.”
This is a convenient argument for Eric Holder’s Justice Department, which has locked horns with eight states that have passed laws requiring prospective voters to present a photo ID at the polls. But the argument is also flawed and disingenuous.
In 2008, more than 2,800 ballots were cast in Minnesota by voters identified by an independent data collection service as “deceased.” Were these also cases of “manufactured” voter fraud, and if so how? And even if the examples are rigged, what lawmaker worth his salt ignores evidence that a law can be easily circumvented? In January, Project Veritas released another video, this one from a New Hampshire polling place where workers can be seen issuing ballots to dead people. The Justice Department has yet to react to this video.
Finally, are we to believe that if the Justice Department received an anecdotal report of voter disenfranchisement they would be as eager to dismiss it?
- Eric Holder ‘punk’d’: White man IDing himself as Holder offered AG’s ballot
- The Holder Justice Department, voter ID laws, and the liberal mind
- NM dog becomes registered voter
- Is Obama courting the ‘dead’ vote?
- NAACP worker sentenced to prison for voter fraud
- The truth behind Holder’s push for ‘electoral equality’
- Election law: Eric Holder’s cowardice is showing
- Federal judge: Nonpartisan elections are unfair to minorities
- CT mayor seeks to extend voting rights to illegal immigrants
- Bombshell: Justice Department accused of encouraging voter fraud
- New documentary alleges voter fraud by Obama campaign in 2008 primaries
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained