Green Room

Breaking: Chavez medical emergency?

posted at 10:16 am on April 6, 2012 by

Hugo Chavez en Route to Brazilian Hospital with Complications?

Brazilian media is reporting that ailing Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez will make an emergency trip to Brazil after allegedly suffering intestinal burns during his radiation treatment in Cuba.
Chávez, who in June of last year revealed that Cuban doctors had removed a cancerous tumor from his abdominal region, has been going back-and-forth from the island nation for treatment. The Associated Press reported earlier on Thursday that the Venezuelan leader had returned to his country on Wednesday night from radiation treatment in Cuba.

He may be headed to the hospital Sirio e Libanês in Sao Paulo, where Dilma Rouseff, Lula, and Paraguay’s Fernando Lugo have been treated for cancer.

Brazilian journalist Merval Pereira says that the emergency trip is being spun by the Venezuelan government as a visit to Lula. Pereira has spoken to doctors at the hospital who so far have made no preparations for Chavez’s arrival, but allow that Chavez could be admitted for tests. Pereira also says that there is a big fight going on between chavistas as to whether Chavez should travel or not, due to security and secrecy issues.

Just yesterday Chavez was begging God to let him live longer in front of a very small audience (my translation. If you use it, please credit me and link to this posts)

“Dame tu corona, Cristo. Dámela que yo sangro, dame tu cruz, cien cruces, que yo la llevo, pero dame vida. No me lleves todavía, dame tus espinas, dame tu sangre, que yo estoy dispuesto a llevarla pero con vida, Cristo, mi señor. Amén.”

Give me your crown, Christ. Give it to me as I bleed, a hundred crosses, that I carry it, but give me life. Don’t take me away yet, give me your thorns, give me your blood, that I am willing to carry it, but with life, Christ, my lord. Amen.

Cross-posted at Fausta’s blog.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

drop dead, you POS!

gsherin on April 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Drop dead, and take the Castro brothers with you! Can I get an AMEN?

Sekhmet on April 6, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Sekhmet on April 6, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Amen, and Amen again! This is good news, if true on the medical emergency, on chavez on Good Friday.
L

letget on April 6, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Amen and take Vladamir the transmitee with them!

gsherin on April 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM

He looks too portly to be a cancer patient.

NoDonkey on April 6, 2012 at 11:08 AM

What a great healthcare system Cuba has!

rbj on April 6, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Has the Obama phoned the dictator president to let him know he is in the prayers of everyone at the WH?

Howard Portnoy on April 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Looks like the Sean Penn curse worked. On Chavez. Couldn’t have happended to a better guy.

Real justice would be for him to return home and get hung in public like Mussolini and the Romanian dictator (name escapes me at the moment) back in early 90s.

AH_C on April 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Cue Nelson Muntz.

roy_batty on April 6, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Honestly, what will these dictators say when they stand before the Lord?

Imrahil on April 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

AH_C on April 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Nicolae Ceaușescu…

affenhauer on April 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM

What a great healthcare system Cuba has!

rbj on April 6, 2012 at 11:10 AM

The sun provides free radiation. It’s renewable and green as well.

That’s what you get with socialized medicine. Sunburnt.

NoDonkey on April 6, 2012 at 2:25 PM

What a travesty.

J.E. Dyer on April 6, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Won’t be long before he’s begging to be admitted to Sloan-Kettering.

erp on April 6, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Consider the fact that he went to Cuba, of all places, to get better medical treatment than what’s available in Venezuela. Really tells you something about how Venezuela’s doing under his regime. If one communist’s medical system kills another communist, that sounds like some prime blue-on-blue (red-on-red?) action to me.

Mr. Prodigy on April 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM

The wonders of the Cuban medical system. I wonder if Michael Moore will go there when he gets sick?

blue13326 on April 7, 2012 at 9:07 AM

blue13326 on April 7, 2012 at 9:07 AM

One can only hope!!

OccamsRazor on April 7, 2012 at 11:08 AM

AH_C on April 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Nikolai & Mrs. Ceausescu, 12-25-1989

I have often wished for a re-enactment elsewhere in the world.

garnkikaloid on April 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I am obliged, as a Christian, to pray for the salvation of Chavez’s soul. I don’t think I am obliged to pray for his health, though. I believe I am on safe ground in praying that he be given the final mercy of a swift death, not a lingering, drawn-out one.

(If I am wrong about that, I must ask my Lord to forgive my ungenerousness of spirit on this Easter Sunday.)

Mary in LA on April 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM