Sandra Fluke: Pols should be given ‘pro-woman’ litmus test prior to election
posted at 1:17 pm on March 21, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
Apparently, the president wasted his dime when he called Georgetown Law student/female activist Sandra Fluke to commiserate with her over the names she had been called by Rush Limbaugh. Fluke was sufficiently unfazed by her exposure to be contemplating a future run for office, The Daily Caller reports. The blog quotes her as saying, “Numerous American women have actually written to me in the last few weeks saying that I should run for office, and maybe someday I will.”
In the meantime, Fluke’s crusade as an advocate for women’s rights proceeds apace. Appearing again on Capitol Hill on Tuesday in a forum on “Opportunities and Challenges for a New Generation of Women” (video here) she spoke of a need for more Debbie Wasserman-Schultzes (which she clarified to mean “working mothers in office,” not hyper-partisan political hacks who remove their foot from their mouth long enough to insert the other).
Fluke went on to say:
There should be a litmus test that [prospective candidates for elective office] be pro-women so our votes have to include that requirement at least. And it should be a litmus test that applies to male candidates as well.
She explained that the litmus test she envisions is not “political,” specifying that candidates need not be Democrat or Republican to pass. They just need to think and act ostensibly the way she does—in short accepting of radical liberal doctrine.
I think Fluke should run for office. It sounds like she is already the quintessential political animal.
- Bristol Palin open letter asks: ‘Mr. President, when should I expect your call?’
- O’Reilly exposes possible WH connection to Fluke
- Barack Obama’s ‘uncivil war’
- Another fight Obama is ‘willing to have’
- Comedy relief: DNC Chair Wasserman Schultz says Romney ‘lost NH’
- Wasserman Schultz outlines the Democratic plan to save Medicare
- DNC chair: GOP wants to make illegal immigration ‘a crime’ (VIDEO)
- New DNC chair calls GOP women ‘anti-women’; GOP females fight back
- DNC chair slams GOP for not backing U.S. auto industry, drives an import herself
- Pelosi upset over O’Reilly’s “hate” question during Obama interview
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation