Green Room

NYC McDonald’s a violence magnet; scene of another brawl (Video)

posted at 2:30 pm on March 21, 2012 by

A Greenwich Village branch of the fast food giant McDonald’s may have just set a record, but it’s not for the number of burgers sold. On St. Patrick’s Day, the restaurant was the scene of a violent brawl—the third such melee in a year’s time.

The New York Post reports that the brawl began inside the restaurant, then spilled out onto West 3rd Street, though the cause of the fight remains a mystery. As with an altercation at the same restaurant in October, in which a pair of female customers jumped the counter and attacked an employee, this dustup was captured on video (warning: graphic violence and profanity alert).

The footage, shot from inside the restaurant, shows at least five men mixing it up as patrons look on, some shocked by the spectacle. “Oh my God, Oh my God,” one customer can be heard saying repeatedly.

At one point, one of the combatants manages to get another in a choke hold on the ground, prompting one of the onlookers to comment, “He’s going to kill the guy. His eyes are popping out.”

The fight last October culminated with McDonald’s worker Rayon McIntosh grabbing a metal pipe from the back of the restaurant and putting the hurt on his assailants, one of whom sustained a facial fracture. McIntosh was briefly hailed as a hero by city residents. He was eventually tried for his beat-down of the two women, but a jury found he had acted in self-defense and acquitted him of all charges.

“Earlier in the year,” the Post reports, “26-year-old Damian Furtch was the target of an attack and was beaten down and slammed with anti-gay slurs because he was seen in the restaurant wearing pink shoelaces. Police arrested 21-year-old suspect Anthony Bray in the attack.”

Related Articles

Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can reach me at [email protected] or by posting a comment below.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Sheesh, a lot of crazies out there, must be due to video games or something. ^.^

Imrahil on March 21, 2012 at 2:42 PM

In Greenwich Village? What the heck is going on in NY?

rbj on March 21, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Must be the pink slime driving em crazy.

Which one was the sesquid ? Allah Pundit?

HumpBot Salvation on March 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Maybe the MickyD’s meleezz are part of that great “Let’s Move” program or sumptin???

el Vaquero on March 21, 2012 at 3:02 PM

must be due to video games or something. ^.^

lol! Got a real laugh out of me there, thanks. It was the emoticon. Cheers!

WeekendAtBernankes on March 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM

All I can say about that vid is, “Fingers, meet eyeballs.”

It works. Had to do it to a bully on the schoolbus back in the day.

WeekendAtBernankes on March 21, 2012 at 3:13 PM

As long as the violence doesn’t spread to the Cozy Soup ‘n’ Burger…

DrSteve on March 21, 2012 at 3:35 PM

If I was the owner of this mcdonalds, the inside would be closed to everyone, period! NO business has to put up with this krap, IMO.
L

letget on March 21, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Honestly, when I saw the headline for the report, the first McD’s I thought they were gonna show was the on across from MSG…sadly the SECOND place I thought it could be was the one showcased.

In Greenwich Village? What the heck is going on in NY?

rbj on March 21, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Are you kidding? I used to to work in midtown (34th & 6) and brawls were common enough *there* (as in, they did happen).

The Village isn’t any different. If you go over toward the West side of that area, there are more than a few dust-ups more often than not. Some are big and some aren’t but they do happen.

All I can say about that vid is, “Fingers, meet eyeballs.”

It works. Had to do it to a bully on the schoolbus back in the day.

WeekendAtBernankes on March 21, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Works then AND now, lol…But those kind of moves you have to be VERY careful to use…at best you can permanently blind someone, at worse you can kill them.

As you can see in the video, street fighting is a dirty ass business: if you do it right, you’ll only use the amount of force needed to *stop* your attacker cold and then you back off. If you do it wrong, well you wind up on the ground rolling around while:

A: No one helps you.
B: EVERYONE films you for YouTube.

BlaxPac on March 21, 2012 at 4:18 PM

BlaxPac on March 21, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I was talking about the anti-gay slurs.

rbj on March 21, 2012 at 4:55 PM

THREE fights in a year is a record? Back in the ’90s when I worked for a Security Company I would work a Hardees every weekend. Almost every weekend there was a fight, sometimes multiple fights. I got REAL good at bouncing people off floors in that place. I worked a McDonalds near Christopher Newport College in Newport News Va that was so bad they’d sometimes have 5 of us working it. I had my first active shooter situation there; a drug dealer shooting into a crowd of combatives who were trying to rob his brother of their daily take. The only difference between then and now is now there are cameras everywhere to record the every day, normal violence.

wolfva on March 22, 2012 at 5:38 AM

Perhaps they should reconsider their ban on “Happy Meals”.

Because the “Beatdown Meal” doesn’t seem to be any healthier.

NoDonkey on March 22, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I got in more fights outside of one particular McDonalds than I ever did outside of any bar.

Now bars plural, that’s another story.

😉

Mitchell Heisman on March 24, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Top Pick

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.