NYC McDonald’s a violence magnet; scene of another brawl (Video)
posted at 2:30 pm on March 21, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
A Greenwich Village branch of the fast food giant McDonald’s may have just set a record, but it’s not for the number of burgers sold. On St. Patrick’s Day, the restaurant was the scene of a violent brawl—the third such melee in a year’s time.
The New York Post reports that the brawl began inside the restaurant, then spilled out onto West 3rd Street, though the cause of the fight remains a mystery. As with an altercation at the same restaurant in October, in which a pair of female customers jumped the counter and attacked an employee, this dustup was captured on video (warning: graphic violence and profanity alert).
The footage, shot from inside the restaurant, shows at least five men mixing it up as patrons look on, some shocked by the spectacle. “Oh my God, Oh my God,” one customer can be heard saying repeatedly.
At one point, one of the combatants manages to get another in a choke hold on the ground, prompting one of the onlookers to comment, “He’s going to kill the guy. His eyes are popping out.”
The fight last October culminated with McDonald’s worker Rayon McIntosh grabbing a metal pipe from the back of the restaurant and putting the hurt on his assailants, one of whom sustained a facial fracture. McIntosh was briefly hailed as a hero by city residents. He was eventually tried for his beat-down of the two women, but a jury found he had acted in self-defense and acquitted him of all charges.
“Earlier in the year,” the Post reports, “26-year-old Damian Furtch was the target of an attack and was beaten down and slammed with anti-gay slurs because he was seen in the restaurant wearing pink shoelaces. Police arrested 21-year-old suspect Anthony Bray in the attack.”
- Another day, another McDonald’s customer meltdown
- McDonald’s accused of using ‘abused pork’ in its McRib sandwich
- U.S. in need of heroes to worship
- Near deadly violence between employee and customers at NYC McDonald’s (Video)
- Teen charged in violent McDonald’s beating has prior arrest record
- Father of four shot to death after breaking up fight at McDonald’s
- DEVELOPING: Customer nearly beaten to death at McDonald’s (Video)
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained