Green Room

Walker “extreme far right”, but Wisconsin never “far left”, says Kathleen Falk

posted at 11:51 am on February 24, 2012 by

Totally makes sense to me. I know the town I live in is a bastion of sensible moderation, just like San Francisco.

“I have worked around the state with citizens who have just reacted to the extreme far right agenda of Scott Walker in a way I’ve never seen before,” Falk told POLITICO in an interview. “In Wisconsin, we don’t skew far left or skew far right. We just want good education, some health care, clean air and water and a decent job — very common sense values. The Governor Walker agenda has just torn the state apart.”

Yes, because budget surpluses, more jobs for teachers, and public employees actually paying a pittance for their Cadillac health insurance and pensions could only be attributed to “far right extremism”. Given that the majority of the state elected Walker into office, and proceeded to elect the pro-Walker SC Justice back into place last year, the state must just be overrun with far right extremists. It’s therefore understandable that Falk would fear such a movement in a state with no history of far left movements, or cities notable for being far left, or even acts of violence perpetrated by nutty leftists.

Honestly, we’re so moderate we make Mitt Romney look conservative. Severely so, even.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

It’s simple to explain IMHO. Most people would imagine a left-right scale, say, from 0-100 with “moderate” meaning about 40-60. Liberals view the same scale as 0-60 with a “moderate” score being in the range 20-40. Anyone past 60 is literally an off the charts far right extremist.

jwolf on February 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM

It’s all about the money, specifically the union dues diverted to Democrat causes.

Steve Eggleston on February 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM

In the case of Scott Walker I feel complete confidence. I read a policy study for WI on line regarding WIA Trust and the havoc their near monoply on teachers health care was causing school districts. And yes teachers suffered too. The policy study was done prior to Walker and during a Democrats reign. The unions are dead wrong on this one.

I hope he survives the assault because I think he is a good man who did the right thing for his state. I wish we had a Scott Walker in my state…NY.

magicbeans on February 24, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Walker “extremely far right”… says Kathleen Falk

There, fixed that for her.

Walker is the best thing to happen to this state in decades!

Sterling Holobyte on February 24, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Walker “extremely far right”… says Kathleen Falk There, fixed that for her. Walker is the best thing to happen to this state in decades!
Sterling Holobyte on February 24, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Agree totally…only problem I see is the libz are like dogs…you let them P on the carpet for years and then after years you hit them with the newspaper…they get confused and might even bite (or petition for a new owner that will let them P on the carpet).

I reviewed several petitions…get rid of Madison, Green Bay, LaCrosse and Milwaukee and you would show the most conservative state in the country.

teejk on February 24, 2012 at 3:20 PM

There’s going to be some infighting on the Left during the recall election… apparently Falk is a favorite of the teachers’ unions, but Barrett (the guy Walker beat in the first place) is also in.

Mr. Prodigy on February 24, 2012 at 3:49 PM

forgot to mention…a sign I saw

“recall Santa Clause…I didn’t get what I wanted”.

teejk on February 24, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I don’t understand. If Wisconsin is so reasonably moderate, how come the totally rational centrist Tammy Baldwin is consistently down in polls against a crazy arch-conservative like Tommy Thompson. I mean that guy worked for GWB! He’s even wishy-washy when it comes to government run health care.

Gingotts on February 24, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Any vid of Falk? Does she do the same 30-second lobotomized deer-in-the-headlights stare as the anti-Walker SC nominee when someone asks a rational question that doesn’t fit her lib mentality?

Marcola on February 24, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Marcola on February 24, 2012 at 5:07 PM

If I find that such gold exists, I will redistribute it here.

MadisonConservative on February 24, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Gingotts on February 24, 2012 at 3:53 PM

let’s just say that Tammy has some “issues” that might play well as a congressperson (can’t say congressman because that is not true and can’t say congresswoman because I don’t know who “leads” in her whatever you call it) in “San Francisco of the north” (that be Madison) but I doubt play well in the rest of the state.

teejk on February 24, 2012 at 6:00 PM

jwolf on February 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Bernard Goldberg nailed this phenomenon in his book “Bias”.
From an interview on the publication of his more recent book “Arrogance”:

I’ve never said these media elites are bad guys or evil guys. I’ve specifically said there is no conspiracy. They’re living in their lives in this comfortable bubble with like minded people in it. It includes the people in their newsroom with like-minded liberal people in it and after a while they think everything to the right-of-center is conservative and everything to left-of-center is middle of the road. I know that sounds crazy, but that’s how they see it. That’s why they’ll have a conservative person on and will identify him as a conservative, but they’ll have a liberal person on and won’t identify them as a liberal. “Is he liberal? Why is he liberal? He has the same view that I have and all of my friends have.”

In the book “Bias”, Goldberg says he once asked Dan Rather how he would rate the New York Times– the reply:
“Middle of the road, Bernie. Middle of the road.”

“Bias” identified the problem of liberal bias in the news. “Arrogance” goes much further. It shows why it exists and how entrenched the biases are. It shows that these media elites refuse to get it. That’s why I call it “Arrogance”. Every time you bring the subject up, they blame you for having the problem.

AesopFan on February 25, 2012 at 1:26 AM

America needs to face up to the fact that the political middle in America is now solidly Marxist. Anyone not adhering to the Marxist ideology is automatically deemed a radical right extremist.

aposematic on February 25, 2012 at 8:57 AM

aposematic, I wouldn’t say Marxist, but the average is definitely left of center, and has been shifting to the left for more than 100 years.

Quartermaster on February 25, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Scott Walker is a racistfar right extremist and doesn’t try to hide it. He goose-steps everywhere and is frequently heard shouting incomprehensible commands in something like German.

CorporatePiggy on February 26, 2012 at 9:30 AM