Green Room

Have your picture taken with Michelle Obama … for $5K

posted at 12:59 pm on February 17, 2012 by

Except for the stratospheric price tag, the title sounds like the sort of come-on you would expect to see on the boardwalk at Ocean City. You know the routine: Suckers get to pose alongside a lifesize cardboard cutout of the First Lady, much like the one next to the schlemiel in this picture.

Only this is the real deal. In the latest shameless ploy to raise campaign funds, Mrs. Obama will be making a limited engagement in-the-flesh appearance in Boston. The Boston Herald reports:

The first lady is doing two events in town, a panel discussion with representatives from the left-leaning Emily’s List, NARAL and the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health at the Institute of Contemporary Art on March 9. A ticket to that event can be had for the bargain basement price of $500.

But the ‘formal dinner and photo opportunity’ with Mrs. O that follows is the big ticket item: $5,000 a head (or $2,500 for preferred seating and no pic).

Well, in fairness, not just a head. I am presuming that your whole body appears along with the First Lady’s well-toned physique (the result, no doubt, of a healthy diet).

The column goes on to observe that her husband, His Nibs, has made previous trips to Beantown for photo ops with the commoners, one of which went for the even more outrageous price of $15,000. But former area talk show host and conservative commentator Michelle McPhee claims that the president has charged as much as much as $50,000 for Kodak memories.

Related Articles

Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can reach me at howard.portnoy@gmail.com or by posting a comment below.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

To not have a photo taken with Michelle O?

You can’t afford.

I suppose they’ll be using a wide-angle lens.

NoDonkey on February 17, 2012 at 1:08 PM

This so rich but I like being able to post on HA.

arnold ziffel on February 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Gaacckk!

natasha333 on February 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

It is just me, but I might pay $1.00 to have a picture made with the first dog(he is cute) before one with mo.
L

letget on February 17, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Wide-angle lens: required.

Joe Mama on February 17, 2012 at 2:43 PM

She’s so well-toned, she can carry her own suitcases on January 20th as she’s leaving the White House on her way to being re-ashamed of her country.

Chickyraptor on February 17, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I would pay $50K to get a photo of me punching Barry in the fellas.

Because I could sell it for 100 times that.

NoDonkey on February 17, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I will match the $5000 for anyone who shows up for the photo dressed as Han Solo.

TexasDan on February 17, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I can understand how a private citizen, like Michelle, could charge to have a photo taken.

But exactly how can a public official, especially one as public as our sitting president, charge for having your photo taken with him?

He’s selling the prestige of his office at that point.

ButterflyDragon on February 17, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Shoot just buy your buddy a Chewbaca costume and take a picture with that.

Or if you are one of them real rural, northern types, a moose should do the trick.

Daikokuco on February 17, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Daikokuco on February 17, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Have your picture taken with Michelle Obama … for $5K

But how do I get her to pay me the $5K for the privilege of having my photo?

(sorry, didn’t have time to read the article)

kurtzz3 on February 17, 2012 at 5:02 PM

This post has been promoted to HotAir.com.

Comments have been closed on this post but the discussion continues here.

Jazz Shaw on February 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Barf.

sage0925 on February 17, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Top Pick

Why would we possibly want that?

Top Pick

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.

Good lack of work if you can get it

GOP takes 2 more special House races, meaning what?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 21, 2017 8:41 AM

Two more demoralizing moral victories for Dems.

Not a murder, but nearly as awful

GA Election results thread Update: Handel wins!

John Sexton Jun 20, 2017 7:10 PM

Late night?

7 p.m. ET: The election to end all elections

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 7:01 PM

Endgame.

Dashcam footage: The shooting of Philando Castile

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 6:31 PM

“Sir, I have to tell you that I do have a firearm on me.”