Green Room

Have your picture taken with Michelle Obama … for $5K

posted at 12:59 pm on February 17, 2012 by

Except for the stratospheric price tag, the title sounds like the sort of come-on you would expect to see on the boardwalk at Ocean City. You know the routine: Suckers get to pose alongside a lifesize cardboard cutout of the First Lady, much like the one next to the schlemiel in this picture.

Only this is the real deal. In the latest shameless ploy to raise campaign funds, Mrs. Obama will be making a limited engagement in-the-flesh appearance in Boston. The Boston Herald reports:

The first lady is doing two events in town, a panel discussion with representatives from the left-leaning Emily’s List, NARAL and the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health at the Institute of Contemporary Art on March 9. A ticket to that event can be had for the bargain basement price of $500.

But the ‘formal dinner and photo opportunity’ with Mrs. O that follows is the big ticket item: $5,000 a head (or $2,500 for preferred seating and no pic).

Well, in fairness, not just a head. I am presuming that your whole body appears along with the First Lady’s well-toned physique (the result, no doubt, of a healthy diet).

The column goes on to observe that her husband, His Nibs, has made previous trips to Beantown for photo ops with the commoners, one of which went for the even more outrageous price of $15,000. But former area talk show host and conservative commentator Michelle McPhee claims that the president has charged as much as much as $50,000 for Kodak memories.

Related Articles

Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can reach me at [email protected] or by posting a comment below.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

To not have a photo taken with Michelle O?

You can’t afford.

I suppose they’ll be using a wide-angle lens.

NoDonkey on February 17, 2012 at 1:08 PM

This so rich but I like being able to post on HA.

arnold ziffel on February 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Gaacckk!

natasha333 on February 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

It is just me, but I might pay $1.00 to have a picture made with the first dog(he is cute) before one with mo.
L

letget on February 17, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Wide-angle lens: required.

Joe Mama on February 17, 2012 at 2:43 PM

She’s so well-toned, she can carry her own suitcases on January 20th as she’s leaving the White House on her way to being re-ashamed of her country.

Chickyraptor on February 17, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I would pay $50K to get a photo of me punching Barry in the fellas.

Because I could sell it for 100 times that.

NoDonkey on February 17, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I will match the $5000 for anyone who shows up for the photo dressed as Han Solo.

TexasDan on February 17, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I can understand how a private citizen, like Michelle, could charge to have a photo taken.

But exactly how can a public official, especially one as public as our sitting president, charge for having your photo taken with him?

He’s selling the prestige of his office at that point.

ButterflyDragon on February 17, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Shoot just buy your buddy a Chewbaca costume and take a picture with that.

Or if you are one of them real rural, northern types, a moose should do the trick.

Daikokuco on February 17, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Daikokuco on February 17, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Have your picture taken with Michelle Obama … for $5K

But how do I get her to pay me the $5K for the privilege of having my photo?

(sorry, didn’t have time to read the article)

kurtzz3 on February 17, 2012 at 5:02 PM

This post has been promoted to HotAir.com.

Comments have been closed on this post but the discussion continues here.

Jazz Shaw on February 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Barf.

sage0925 on February 17, 2012 at 9:05 PM

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM
Top Pick

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Top Pick

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…