Green Room

Have your picture taken with Michelle Obama … for $5K

posted at 12:59 pm on February 17, 2012 by

Except for the stratospheric price tag, the title sounds like the sort of come-on you would expect to see on the boardwalk at Ocean City. You know the routine: Suckers get to pose alongside a lifesize cardboard cutout of the First Lady, much like the one next to the schlemiel in this picture.

Only this is the real deal. In the latest shameless ploy to raise campaign funds, Mrs. Obama will be making a limited engagement in-the-flesh appearance in Boston. The Boston Herald reports:

The first lady is doing two events in town, a panel discussion with representatives from the left-leaning Emily’s List, NARAL and the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health at the Institute of Contemporary Art on March 9. A ticket to that event can be had for the bargain basement price of $500.

But the ‘formal dinner and photo opportunity’ with Mrs. O that follows is the big ticket item: $5,000 a head (or $2,500 for preferred seating and no pic).

Well, in fairness, not just a head. I am presuming that your whole body appears along with the First Lady’s well-toned physique (the result, no doubt, of a healthy diet).

The column goes on to observe that her husband, His Nibs, has made previous trips to Beantown for photo ops with the commoners, one of which went for the even more outrageous price of $15,000. But former area talk show host and conservative commentator Michelle McPhee claims that the president has charged as much as much as $50,000 for Kodak memories.

Related Articles

Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can reach me at howard.portnoy@gmail.com or by posting a comment below.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

To not have a photo taken with Michelle O?

You can’t afford.

I suppose they’ll be using a wide-angle lens.

NoDonkey on February 17, 2012 at 1:08 PM

This so rich but I like being able to post on HA.

arnold ziffel on February 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Gaacckk!

natasha333 on February 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

It is just me, but I might pay $1.00 to have a picture made with the first dog(he is cute) before one with mo.
L

letget on February 17, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Wide-angle lens: required.

Joe Mama on February 17, 2012 at 2:43 PM

She’s so well-toned, she can carry her own suitcases on January 20th as she’s leaving the White House on her way to being re-ashamed of her country.

Chickyraptor on February 17, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I would pay $50K to get a photo of me punching Barry in the fellas.

Because I could sell it for 100 times that.

NoDonkey on February 17, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I will match the $5000 for anyone who shows up for the photo dressed as Han Solo.

TexasDan on February 17, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I can understand how a private citizen, like Michelle, could charge to have a photo taken.

But exactly how can a public official, especially one as public as our sitting president, charge for having your photo taken with him?

He’s selling the prestige of his office at that point.

ButterflyDragon on February 17, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Shoot just buy your buddy a Chewbaca costume and take a picture with that.

Or if you are one of them real rural, northern types, a moose should do the trick.

Daikokuco on February 17, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Daikokuco on February 17, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Have your picture taken with Michelle Obama … for $5K

But how do I get her to pay me the $5K for the privilege of having my photo?

(sorry, didn’t have time to read the article)

kurtzz3 on February 17, 2012 at 5:02 PM

This post has been promoted to HotAir.com.

Comments have been closed on this post but the discussion continues here.

Jazz Shaw on February 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM