Green Room

Civility alert: Waxman calls GOP ‘terrorists’; lib commentator says break Jan Brewer’s finger off and shove it

posted at 12:16 pm on January 27, 2012 by

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has formally resigned her Congressional post, so the moratorium on incivility must be officially over as well.

On Thursday, the same day Giffords stepped down, California Rep. Henry Waxman, top Democrat on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, said of the GOP’s effort to force the Obama administration to approve a permit for the Keystone XL Pipeline:

They want to use legislation as a way to act like terrorists. They hold things as hostage. We almost couldn’t fund the government because Republicans wanted to hold that idea hostage, we almost couldn’t pay our debts because the Republicans wanted to hold that legislation hostage to their extreme agenda, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they scuttled this conference by trying to hold us hostage.

Waxman may have set a new record by using the word hostage three times in a single sentence.

As to the validity of Waxman’s argument, he must have been dozing during the State of the Union address on Tuesday, when the president said, “This country needs an all-out, all-of-the-above strategy that develops every available source of American energy.” (It’s likely the president wasn’t play close attention to what he was saying either, but that’s another story.)

The second act of leftwing civility occurred Wednesday on the Stephanie Miller show on radio (h/t Weasel Zippers). The subject was Gov. Jan Brewer’s heated exchange with the president on the tarmac shortly after he arrived in Arizona on a campaign stop. Specifically, Miller took the governor to task for wagging a finger at the president, adding that “Lyndon Johnson would have broken that [finger] off and shoved it up her [expletive deleted].” [Audio here.]

Miller then went on to accuse Brewer of (what else?) racism, quoting a listener who wrote on her Facebook page that the governor was playing the “fragile white woman scared of black man” card.

Related Articles

Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can reach me at howard.portnoy@gmail.com or by posting a comment below.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Under Waxman’s logic, the Indiana House Democrats must be terrorists since they were withholding their presence so there would not be a quorum to vote on the right to work bill. And don’t forget the beloved Wisconsin Democrats and their running out of state too. Awful Dem party is full of terrorists.

HoosierStateofMind on January 27, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Mr. Waxman, with a face like that, you shouldn’t insult anyone else about anything, ever. I’m no movie star, but at least I don’t break mirrors.

jakev on January 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Oh yeah. Cause I wag my finger in people’s faces whom I’m scared of all the time.

/Idiot

gryphon202 on January 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM

/Idiot

Actually, Brewer said she felt frightened. Nevertheless, making the leap from that statement to the president’s skin color is idiotic.

Howard Portnoy on January 27, 2012 at 1:07 PM

The race card, tiime to rip it up

cmsinaz on January 27, 2012 at 1:41 PM

jakev on January 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM

LMFAO.

That said, I’m sick to death of being called a terrorist, a racist, and whatever other goodie they are using to refer to conservatives this week. Piss off, Waxman. I could live the rest of my life very happily if I never get to look at those shotgun barrel nostrils ever again.

sage0925 on January 27, 2012 at 2:26 PM

The only people being held Hostage is the American People by the Democrats .

wheels on January 27, 2012 at 4:21 PM

The race card, tiime to rip it up

cmsinaz on January 27, 2012 at 1:41 PM

No need, the libs have worn it down to the nub these last few decades. All its good for now is laffs.

squint on January 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Look up “warthog-faced buffoon” in the dictionary, you’ll find Waxman’s picture next to it.

ZK on January 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Showing that, once again, someone doesn’t understand what an expletive is. If it’s used a a noun, for instance, it’s not an expletive, regardless of its vulgarity.

Olo_Burrows on January 28, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Jan Brewer strikes me as fearless – certainly not afraid of the Liar-In-Chief.

disa on January 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Oh come on Howard, everyone knows that the legislation that Democrats propose is badly needed and from motive pure as the driven snow. Whereas all Republican legislation is evil and spawned from the Pit!

MunDane68 on January 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM