Green Room

Obama Secs of Education and Labor break law, meet with illegal aliens at Ed Dept

posted at 12:35 pm on January 9, 2012 by

What do illegal aliens really want? That burning question was one of several explored at a meeting in Washington on December 15 at the headquarters of the U.S. Department of Education. The confab, titled “Student Voices,” was presided over by Education Secretary Arne Duncan and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis. Attendees included “DREAMers,” aka illegal aliens who have lived in the United States from a very young age.

CNSNews.com writes:

[A]ccording to the Department of Labor’s website, Duncan told the illegal aliens about the administration’s ‘efforts to assist students who are undocumented’ through the Development, Relief and Education of Alien Minors Act—the DREAM Act. Solis also spoke to the illegal aliens about the DREAM Act.

CNS notes that the Department of Education also reported on the meeting in an article published on the department’s official blog, Homeroom.

Well, isn’t that special! Regardless of your political affiliation and/or ideological purview (and unless you’re DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz), illegal aliens are by definition lawbreakers. Their fears about “their uncertain futures and the possibility of deportation” are justified.

For that matter, Duncan and Solis are also guilty of a crime. According to Paragraph 1324, Chapter 12 under Title 8 of the U.S. Penal Code:

Any person who … knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building …shall be punished as provided in subparagraph (B).

The penalty is a fine under Title 18, imprisonment for no more than 5 years, or both. If any of the immigrants present at the meeting were to go on to engage in an action that resulted in the death of another person, Duncan and Solis could face a life sentence.

CNSNews.com writer Terrence Jeffrey reports having contacted the press office of the Department of Education with questions about the meeting, including:

• How many undocumented aliens came to the meeting?
  • Did they go through any security checks? How were they positively identified if they did not have legal documents attesting accurately to who they were?
  • What countries were they from?
  • Has Secretary Duncan (Solis) had any other meetings with illegal aliens at the Department of Education, or was this the first?

So far, Jeffrey wrote on January 6, his questions have not been answered.