From the Irony Department: Union Election Requires Photo ID
posted at 9:17 am on December 13, 2011 by Rovin
Tom Blumer at Newsbusters ran a story yesterday on a Politico report on the approval of the Machinists Union’s contract extension:
On Wednesday, the Politico ran a story about the International Association of Machinists Union at Boeing agreeing to approve a contract extension, the result of which ultimately led to the National Labor Relations Board dropping its controversial decision to prevent the company from beginning to operate a mostly-constructed plant in South Carolina.
Politico ran their story with this photo:
With the liberal media, and the ACLU in full tilt rejection of voter ID requirements that will prevent voter fraud, is it just a bit ironic that Politico, and the rest of the liberal media missed pointing out that a “reputable” union has established the same requirements to protect the integrity of their voting process?
Update: One of Rasmussen’s latest surveys shows 75% Support Showing Photo ID At The Polls
Update 2: Ed’s got a post up on the main page that’s got some good comments and arguments.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation