Life Under Occupation
posted at 1:50 pm on October 17, 2011 by Mitch Berg
This past Saturday, after Ed and I got off the air, I decided to pay a visit to “Occupy Minneapolis”.
Here’s my video record of life in the occupation zone:
The plaintiveness with which the protesters seem to beg to be arrested is almost heart-rending. Unfortunately for them, the Minneapolis Police and the Hennepin County Sheriffs aren’t obliging them; they confiscated the tents (shown in the video) without making any arrests, prompting the protesters to start to roam the Twin Cities looking for places that’ll raise some dudgeon, even as the media belatedly starts to wonder if there’s a story, here.
I almost feel like the video will be a collector’s item soon.
Recently in the Green Room:
- IRS To Pro-Life Groups: You Know You’re Gonna Have To Give Up This Whole Protest Thing, Right?
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?