Life Under Occupation
posted at 1:50 pm on October 17, 2011 by Mitch Berg
This past Saturday, after Ed and I got off the air, I decided to pay a visit to “Occupy Minneapolis”.
Here’s my video record of life in the occupation zone:
The plaintiveness with which the protesters seem to beg to be arrested is almost heart-rending. Unfortunately for them, the Minneapolis Police and the Hennepin County Sheriffs aren’t obliging them; they confiscated the tents (shown in the video) without making any arrests, prompting the protesters to start to roam the Twin Cities looking for places that’ll raise some dudgeon, even as the media belatedly starts to wonder if there’s a story, here.
I almost feel like the video will be a collector’s item soon.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation