Green Room

Flashback: Jon Stewart after 9/11

posted at 8:11 am on September 11, 2011 by

The first broadcast monologue after the attacks of 9/11 by Jon Stewart on The Daily Show. Makes you see him in a different light, I assure you. Nothing more need be said about it.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I hope you’ll excuse me if I go ahead and comment anyway, this being a public blog and all, because the fact that he went from this to subsequently accuse the U.S. of committing “war crimes” during World War II makes me respect him even less than I already did.

Cylor on September 11, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Very emotionally stirring…. so Jon, WTF happened to you that you forgot all what you just said?

44Magnum on September 11, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Stewart is like every wiseass coward you’ll ever meet. A sniveling crybaby whenever the sh!t hits the fan, and as soon as better men and women than he clean up the mess, he’s back to tearing them down. He was right about one thing, the “togetherness” was only temporary, because fools like him are too invested in tearing this country down.

teacherman on September 11, 2011 at 10:16 AM

In the immortal words of Kos, “Screw them”. We from all over the country stepped up and went to war to defend our country from the a-holes that ruined Jon Stewart’s view from his apartment, and what did we get for it from New York? Thanks for nothing, that’s what. So next time, you New Yorkers can defend your own damn city because they aren’t coming to mine anyway. And if you don’t want to protect yourselves, then you’ll just have to deal with it.

Froggy on September 11, 2011 at 10:18 AM

He’s a tool of the CW…unite at 9-11 and helped us disunite over the years.

thebrokenrattle on September 11, 2011 at 10:27 AM

It’s nice but not really surprising if you’ve ever watched him. I think he’s nothing if not sincere, and 9/11 was an attack in his own backyard.

I think he’s probably a very intelligent and mostly thoughtful man even, but he has his views and doesn’t seem interested in seeing anything past them.

Esthier on September 11, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Esthier on September 11, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Superbly stated. I understand people’s aversion to his liberal attitude and his often card-stacked arguments, but the guy isn’t Bill Maher or Keith Olbermann. He’s a fairly reasonable dude, and when he is on target, he does quite a good job.

MadisonConservative on September 11, 2011 at 12:37 PM

but the guy isn’t Bill Maher or Keith Olbermann

MadisonConservative on September 11, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Or O’Donnell or Bashir or Krugman or Sharpton or Trumpka or Matthews or Hoffa or Shultz or…

itsnotaboutme on September 11, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I never realized before just how much he looks like Anthony Weiner.

And deserves the same level of respect for what he has (re)become since doing this one, single, honest monologue.

Siddhartha Vicious on September 11, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Forgive me if I can’t get sentimental over Jon Stewart shedding a tear after 9/11. The 10 year since has been very revealing as to the intellectual dishonesty and lack of character that man possesses, and much of the left as well. They sold our soliders out and threw them under the bus for political gain. They called GWB the “world biggest terrorist” for overthrowing a thug like Hussein, Gitmo, etc. And now, they call those of us that, god forbid, want to balance the budget before we spend ourselves in to oblivion, racists, nazis, maniacs that inspire murder, and yes….terrorists. Yeah, for balancing the budget and cutting spending. Wow. What radical terrorists we are here.

*uc* him and the Democratic party. Stewart can kiss my ***.

Anyone but Obama in 2012.

moonbat monitor on September 12, 2011 at 11:18 PM

He admitted that it was a temporary thing… the unity we had… and he’s a POS traitor because he let himself revert to being a left wing tool who politicized GWB’s response to the attack.
President Bush’s was a response that was vetted through the appropriate channels of our governmental system… and after the vicious nature of the sneak attacks seemed appropriate.
Jon Stewart can suck eggs so far as I’m concerned… He is part of the problem, not of the solution. Like most of his peers… he’s on the wrong side of history… and a 5 minute speech does not change that.

RalphyBoy on September 18, 2011 at 2:23 AM