Green Room

Leftist Rips Off My Video for Vicious Smear on Michele Bachmann

posted at 11:49 pm on August 29, 2011 by

On Friday, Aug. 5, I spent several hours standing in the rain to cover Michelle Bachmann during her appearance at the Spirit Midwest Christian Music Festival in West Des Moines, Iowa. To give you an idea of the conditions that afternoon, here is a photo I took of some teenagers at the festival:

The big news that Friday was that Standard & Poor had downgraded the credit rating on the U.S. national debt, and I got video of Bachmann’s press statement calling for Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner’s resignation. It was not until Sunday, Aug. 7, that I posted this video of Bachmann giving her Christian testimony at the festival:

As you can see, Bachmann began her presentation with a joke, asking the rain-drenched crowd, “Who likes wet people?” and then said that, as Christians, they serve the “God of the winds and the rains.”

Nearly three weeks later, on Saturday Aug. 27, a left-wing anti-Christian blog, “On Knees for Jesus,” posted a pirated version of my video, edited and with a caption falsely asserting that Bachmann asked the crowd, “Who likes white people?” — with the contextual clue about “the winds and the rains” removed. That dishonest smear was then given prominence by the left-wing gossip site Gawker.

Chris Moody of Yahoo News exposed this vicious falsehood and, after I learned that my video had been stolen and misused for such a defamatory purpose, I put up a blog post denouncing the smear, and sent an e-mail to the anonymous proprietor of the “On Knees” Web site. He then deleted his first lie and substituted another vicious smear as a “correction.” But his pirated and re-edited version of my video — a clear violation of my copyright, and of YouTube’s terms of service agreement — is still online. I have spoken to an attorney and fully intend that the perpetrator of this crime will be brought to justice.

(Cross-posted at Right Wing News.)

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I hate the Left.

SouthernGent on August 30, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Looks like a nice bunch of kids. Rain and mud beat tats any day.

Feedie on August 30, 2011 at 2:39 AM

wow…

pure evil on the left…

cmsinaz on August 30, 2011 at 7:51 AM

The only reason people use such shameless and dishonest tactics as these are because they are allowed to get away with it.

In other words: no quarter.

Cylor on August 30, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Algore’s “digital brownshirts” are on the Left, not the Right.

rbj on August 30, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Heh I guess the left made his vdeo private I couldnt veiw it on youtube.

William Amos on August 30, 2011 at 9:07 AM

blogspot.com, where “On Knees for Jesus” is posted, is registered to:

MARKMONITOR INC.
800-745-9229

Howard Portnoy on August 30, 2011 at 9:23 AM

The left is venturing into satanic depths they cannot escape.

I hope they find it’s worth someday…

golfmann on August 30, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Just read about this again on the daily caller

cmsinaz on August 30, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Look, I’m really sorry for you but the fact that you are surprised at the fact that the left can stoop so low is amazing.

Hello, they accused Palin of cold blooded murder and no one stuck up for her?

That is why whether you agree totally with a conservative candidate or not it is important to fight the smears.

Bachmann was nowhere when they accused Palin of murder, why?

Jayrae on August 30, 2011 at 10:55 AM

i call for at least three consecutive death penalties for this shocking crime.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Are you setting up a legal defense fund? If so, please let us know!

Mary in LA on August 30, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Really, truly… I hate the left more daily.

princetrumpet on August 31, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Ugh. I saw the edited video and knew something in the milk wasn’t clean, but this? Shameful. I’m sorry you were used and your ownership rights were violated like this.

RachDubya on August 31, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Top Pick

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

Top Pick

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”

Currently doing a search for “good international trade lawyers”

Ransomware attack spreads through Europe

John Sexton Jun 27, 2017 1:01 PM

“A massive ransomware campaign is currently unfolding worldwide.”

At least their address rarely changes

It just keeps on happening

“Trump is good for business right now.”

Start spreading the news…

“Now it’s time for the next step.”

A “cryptic” warning to Bashar al-Assad?

Jazz Shaw Jun 27, 2017 8:01 AM

The three strikes rule may be in effect

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment

Emboldened conservative wing?

It’s more about the powers of the Presidency at this point

A second look at paper ballots?

Jazz Shaw Jun 26, 2017 10:41 AM

Low tech solutions to high tech crime

No extra beatings required, thanks

A “”massive, massive f*** up…”