Green Room

Leftist Rips Off My Video for Vicious Smear on Michele Bachmann

posted at 11:49 pm on August 29, 2011 by

On Friday, Aug. 5, I spent several hours standing in the rain to cover Michelle Bachmann during her appearance at the Spirit Midwest Christian Music Festival in West Des Moines, Iowa. To give you an idea of the conditions that afternoon, here is a photo I took of some teenagers at the festival:

The big news that Friday was that Standard & Poor had downgraded the credit rating on the U.S. national debt, and I got video of Bachmann’s press statement calling for Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner’s resignation. It was not until Sunday, Aug. 7, that I posted this video of Bachmann giving her Christian testimony at the festival:

As you can see, Bachmann began her presentation with a joke, asking the rain-drenched crowd, “Who likes wet people?” and then said that, as Christians, they serve the “God of the winds and the rains.”

Nearly three weeks later, on Saturday Aug. 27, a left-wing anti-Christian blog, “On Knees for Jesus,” posted a pirated version of my video, edited and with a caption falsely asserting that Bachmann asked the crowd, “Who likes white people?” — with the contextual clue about “the winds and the rains” removed. That dishonest smear was then given prominence by the left-wing gossip site Gawker.

Chris Moody of Yahoo News exposed this vicious falsehood and, after I learned that my video had been stolen and misused for such a defamatory purpose, I put up a blog post denouncing the smear, and sent an e-mail to the anonymous proprietor of the “On Knees” Web site. He then deleted his first lie and substituted another vicious smear as a “correction.” But his pirated and re-edited version of my video — a clear violation of my copyright, and of YouTube’s terms of service agreement — is still online. I have spoken to an attorney and fully intend that the perpetrator of this crime will be brought to justice.

(Cross-posted at Right Wing News.)

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I hate the Left.

SouthernGent on August 30, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Looks like a nice bunch of kids. Rain and mud beat tats any day.

Feedie on August 30, 2011 at 2:39 AM

wow…

pure evil on the left…

cmsinaz on August 30, 2011 at 7:51 AM

The only reason people use such shameless and dishonest tactics as these are because they are allowed to get away with it.

In other words: no quarter.

Cylor on August 30, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Algore’s “digital brownshirts” are on the Left, not the Right.

rbj on August 30, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Heh I guess the left made his vdeo private I couldnt veiw it on youtube.

William Amos on August 30, 2011 at 9:07 AM

blogspot.com, where “On Knees for Jesus” is posted, is registered to:

MARKMONITOR INC.
800-745-9229

Howard Portnoy on August 30, 2011 at 9:23 AM

The left is venturing into satanic depths they cannot escape.

I hope they find it’s worth someday…

golfmann on August 30, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Just read about this again on the daily caller

cmsinaz on August 30, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Look, I’m really sorry for you but the fact that you are surprised at the fact that the left can stoop so low is amazing.

Hello, they accused Palin of cold blooded murder and no one stuck up for her?

That is why whether you agree totally with a conservative candidate or not it is important to fight the smears.

Bachmann was nowhere when they accused Palin of murder, why?

Jayrae on August 30, 2011 at 10:55 AM

i call for at least three consecutive death penalties for this shocking crime.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Are you setting up a legal defense fund? If so, please let us know!

Mary in LA on August 30, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Really, truly… I hate the left more daily.

princetrumpet on August 31, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Ugh. I saw the edited video and knew something in the milk wasn’t clean, but this? Shameful. I’m sorry you were used and your ownership rights were violated like this.

RachDubya on August 31, 2011 at 1:07 PM