Green Room

Al Gore: Climate Change Deniers Are This Generation’s Racists

posted at 10:38 am on August 29, 2011 by

Fresh off a profanity-laced tirade directed at climate change skeptics, Al Gore is back in the headlines. The Daily Caller carries a video clip of a conversation with Climate Reality Project collaborator Alex Bogusky, in which the former Vice President and current basket case equates man-made climate change with racism.

I remember, again going back to my early years in the South, when the Civil Rights revolution was unfolding, there were two things that really made an impression on me. My generation watched Bull Connor turning the hose on civil rights demonstrators and we went, ‘Whoa! How gross and evil is that?’ My generation asked old people, ‘Explain to me again why it is okay to discriminate against people because their skin color is different?’ And when they couldn’t really answer that question with integrity, the change really started.

Gore goes on to expound on how skeptics have mounted “an organized effort to attack the reputation of the scientific community as a whole, to attack their integrity, and to slander them with the lie that they are making up the science in order to make money.”

The operative terms in this quote are attack, slander, lie, and science. Gore knows all about the first three terms, which he traffics in incessantly, and almost nothing about the last. As for making money, Gore can protest all he likes that his intentions are noble, but he can’t deny his current net worth, which is estimated to be north of $100 million, all of it accumulated by running around and shrieking that the sky is falling.

As for the science, one has to wonder when its most visible protector will get around to reporting the latest findings from the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), a group comprised of 8,000 scientists from more than 600 universities and national laboratories in 60 countries. CERN built a pristine stainless steel chamber that precisely replicates the Earth’s atmosphere and tested the hotly debated claim that the chief culprits in global warming are cosmic rays and the sun. Their findings, published in the journal Nature, reveals that this theory accounts “for somewhere between a half and the whole of the increase in the Earth’s temperature that we have seen in the last century.”

But don’t look for Al Gore to be quoting CERN any time soon. The group claims to have invented the Internet, which as everything knows was invented by someone else.