Rick Perry Latest GOP Candidate Photographed Eating Corn Dog
posted at 12:34 pm on August 16, 2011 by Howard Portnoy
In yet another bald attempt to capture a GOP candidate in an unflattering light, the liberal blogosphere has obtained a photo of Governor Rick Perry chowing down on a corn dog. At least the photo seems to put to rest earlier charges that a similar snapshot of Michele Bachmann was sexist.
The image, shown on this page, first appeared as the “pic of the day” in a Texas publication called The Dallas Voice, which describes itself as “the premier media source for LGBT Texas.” (The prurient caption appended to the image—“Rick Perry deep-throats corn dog at the Iowa State Fair”—is hardly likely to win friends and influence enemies of the LGBT lifestyle, but that’s another article.)
The photo has since appeared on the Daily Kos website, with the headline “GOP Candidates Gone Wild,” which also contains another photograph of Bachmann administering rescue breathing to this state fair staple.
It is hard to imagine that the 2012 election is going to turn on embarrassing photos of GOP candidates, or even Kos’s innuendo that Perry’s eating a corn dog confirms the “long-running persistent rumors” that he is gay. Yet it is entertaining to watch liberals flaunt their superior intelligence through intellectual pursuits of the truth such as these.
- Media wastes no time getting hold of Rick Perry’s grades
- Another news outlet publishes a borderline obscene Bachmann photo
- Ames straw poll: Bachmann by a hair
- My gift to Newsweek: A photo gallery of other (than Bachmann) prominent figures
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation