Nadler Opposes U.S. Financing of Terrorism Against Israel
posted at 10:22 am on August 15, 2011 by Howard Portnoy
Reacting to a Daily Mail article confirming that the Palestinian Authority uses a portion of its foreign aid to reward terrorists and their families, Democratic New York Congressman Jerrold Nadler has called for an immediate cessation of funds and an investigation.
The article that caused the stir appeared last Monday, though the details of the PA’s galling plan was available as early as May. The Mail report noted that the PA has authorized payments of £5million ($8.2 million) to the families of “martyrs” (aka suicide bombers) and £3 million ($4.9 million) to the 5,500 Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails. Approximately half of the PA’s operating budget comes from U.S. foreign aid.
But the story gets even more outrageous when you consider that some of the victims of PA terrorism are American citizens in Israel. In essence, the U.S. government is using taxpayer funds to finance the murder of its own citizens.
In a letter sent to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Nadler writes:
The U.S. has provided about $2 billion in bilateral aid to the Palestinians between fiscal year (FY) 2009 and 2011. Of that, $800 million went directly to the PA government. President Obama has asked for $200 million more for the PA government in FY 2012. It is abhorrent to learn that such foreign aid is possibly being used to support terrorist attacks on Israel….
At a time when our own nation is in dire economic straits, can we really afford to increase the amount of foreign aid we give to those bent on our destruction and that of our allies?
Two weeks ago, the president wore out his lungs and voters’ patience asking people to contact their members of Congress to fight his battle against House Republicans. Now would seem to be an even better time for concerned citizens to contact their elected officials to ask them to oppose the president’s mind-boggling plan.
- Tea Party terrorists and the left’s civility pledge
- The Sore Loser Party threatens to hold its breath (Video)
- Obama’s approval rating hits new low of 40%, loses 40K Twitter followers
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained