Green Room

Hot Air Approval Survey: August Results

posted at 8:09 am on August 13, 2011 by

Paul Ryan tops the approval list this round, followed by Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, John Bolton and Herman Cain.

Sarah Palin again won the overall question of who readers would want as the nominee. Michele Bachmann topped the question for the preferred candidate among declared candidates, followed by Mitt Romney, Herman Cain, Tim Pawlenty and Newt Gingrich.

And since this is Ames Straw Poll time, the results for declared candidates, as voted by Iowans.

I’m on Twitter.

Update: By request, the Presidential tracker to date.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Thanks, again.

NaCly dog on August 13, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Lots of establishment types on HotAir

Notorious GOP on August 13, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Thanks Patrick. I love these monthly polls. It seems I vote as others here on HA.
L

letget on August 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM

I am confused by the fact that more people highly disaprove of John Bolton than Sara Palin.

Count to 10 on August 13, 2011 at 9:25 AM

A Sarah Palin comes around once in a life time.

You know it and I know it.

Don’t blow it America!

oldyeller on August 13, 2011 at 9:34 AM

220 Ron Paul idiots? Are you sure Spathi didn’t just vote 220 times?

Wolftech on August 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM

220 Ron Paul idiots? Are you sure Spathi didn’t just vote 220 times?

Maybe 119 times, because I picked Ron Paul just for fun because Palin is not declared yet.

I’m not a idiot, I just play one on the interwebs ….

Jerome Horwitz on August 13, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I meant 219 times …. never post with a hangover.

Jerome Horwitz on August 13, 2011 at 10:01 AM

hmmm it will be interesting to check how AMes pans out vs the IA hotair subset. Thanks for posting that info.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 10:28 AM

oldyeller on August 13, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Ronald Reagan came around in my lifetime and so did Sarah Palin. I would take Reagan first. That said, Reagan ran and lost a few times before it was “his time”. I don’t know if Sarah Palin has a time but I am pretty sure that 2012 is not “her time”.

Greyledge Gal on August 13, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Am I the ONLY ONE who watched the last debate?!?!
Anyone who watched it would have given at least a 50% approval rating of Newt.

Greyledge Gal on August 13, 2011 at 10:30 AM

In the end it is up to We The People. IF you really like Sarah be certain to assist her, as I shall do, when she announces her intention to run. ;o)

DannoJyd on August 13, 2011 at 11:19 AM

What happened to the graph with the trendlines since the poll started?

VidOmnia on August 13, 2011 at 12:08 PM

This post has been promoted to HotAir.com.

Comments have been closed on this post but the discussion continues here.

Allahpundit on August 13, 2011 at 4:10 PM

where is it?

lets see what happens with declared candidate perry in the mix

cmsinaz on August 13, 2011 at 4:14 PM