Green Room

Guess Who’s Financing Obama’s Swing State Bus Tour

posted at 11:13 am on August 6, 2011 by

Channeling Sarah Palin, the president will tour Midwestern electoral swing states by bus later this month. Unlike Palin, whose One Nation bus tour was paid for by her political action committee, the president’s whistle-stop will be financed by you, the taxpayer.

The White House confirmed this galling fact on Tuesday, when Press Secretary Jay Carney incredulous members of the press corps:

The idea that the president of the United States should not venture forth into the country is ridiculous.

The fact that he will be touring battleground states, including Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan, invites cynicism over the White House claim that the tour is presidential, not political, in nature.

This is not the first time the most honest and transparent administration in history has flouted campaign finance laws. In June, the president filmed a fund-raising video from a room in the White House, violating a Federal Election Campaign restriction against using federal property for such efforts. The administration countered that their approach was “in keeping with the practices of [Obama’s] predecessors,” by which they must have meant Bill Clinton who traded overnights in the Lincoln bedroom for big-ticket donations.

Related Article

Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can reach me at [email protected] or by posting a comment below.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

He’ll keep doing this as long as he gets away with it.

1-20-2013.

J.E. Dyer on August 6, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I wonder which costs more, taking AF1 and all that is needed for a get outta dc, or the bus tour with all that is needed to go with bho? Either way the taxpayers foot the bill. No one, so far, has dared tell bho no to much of anything he does!
L

letget on August 6, 2011 at 11:42 AM

I can’t wait to see this President go. I haven’t had the feelings for a President that I have for this one since the Carter administration.

crosspatch on August 6, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Why not venture forth? It’s been written that the evil one walks to and fro on this earth.

Kissmygrits on August 6, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Kissmygrits — LOL! Job 2:2

J.E. Dyer on August 6, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Top Pick

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Top Pick

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.

Good lack of work if you can get it

GOP takes 2 more special House races, meaning what?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 21, 2017 8:41 AM

Two more demoralizing moral victories for Dems.

Not a murder, but nearly as awful

GA Election results thread Update: Handel wins!

John Sexton Jun 20, 2017 7:10 PM

Late night?

7 p.m. ET: The election to end all elections

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 7:01 PM

Endgame.

Dashcam footage: The shooting of Philando Castile

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 6:31 PM

“Sir, I have to tell you that I do have a firearm on me.”

“Military personnel had to neutralize an individual.”

Because that’s pretty much the same thing, you see

“Now is the time to be more visible.”

“If you’re frustrated by the lack of transparency in this process, I share your frustration.”

Uh oh.

“No matter how radical, offensive, biased, prejudiced, fascist the program is?”

No regrets

And it’s not just your imagination

“The hopeless fear Warmbier is now experiencing is my daily reality…”

Kicking him when he’s down.

Of pigeons and terrorists

Jazz Shaw Jun 20, 2017 12:01 PM

A terrorist by any other name…