Gov. Kasich: How we balanced our budget
posted at 3:27 pm on July 28, 2011 by Michael van der Galien
In a video message released today, Ohio Governor John Kasich explains how he fixed his state’s budget. It’s a must watch video for all those interested in fixing the current economic / debt mess in DC.
Believe it or not, Gov. Kasich actually – pay attention big spenders in DC! - balanced it.
“We took on the largest budget short fall in Ohio’s history,” Kasich says. And that’s not all: they did it while lowering taxes for… not just “the rich,” but everybody.
Kasich eliminated the much detested – and completely immoral – death tax. Furthermore, he made “long overdue reforms” that helped improve Ohio’s economy. Oh, and he gave seniors and students and their parents more choice. In other words, he actually tried to implement conservative solutions for his state’s problems. The result? Ohio is in better shape than in a long, long time.
It seems to me that America could use more governors like Governor Kasich. Heck, she could use such a guy (or gal) in the White House.
Watch the video:
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained