Green Room

How Businesses in Pelosi’s District Got Obamacare Waivers

posted at 11:40 am on May 19, 2011 by

After reading Matthew Boyle’s story for the Daily Caller about businesses in Nancy Pelosi’s congressional district that received waivers from Obamacare, I decided to contact a few of the businesses directly and see what they had to say about the process. In my query I identified myself as a blogger but I did not provide a link to my site (Verum Serum) as I anticipated even the business people in San Francisco were likely to be on the far left and might balk after browsing a few headlines.

So I laughed when I received this expectation-confounding response from Pamela at one of the restaurants in question:

Hi John,

We were not aware we received a waiver, nor did we apply for one. We heard about it on the news, just like everyone else. Our management personnel did not respond to inquiries because they, like we, didn’t know what was going on. Through Google we found out our health care administrator (HRA), unbeknownst to us, applied for the waiver for all of their clients, of which we are one.

What we know about the new healthcare program is what our government knows, which I understand is nothing, only a little less.

Sincerely,
Milton Friedman

It wasn’t until the second pass that I caught the signature. Look out, Nancy, there are conservatives in your midst!

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Heh, this is both funny and sad at the same time.

Conservalicious on May 19, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Who is their health care administrator?

I want to contract with them.

65droptop on May 20, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Top Pick

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Top Pick

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey