Green Room

A bit of Nigel Farage deliciousness…

posted at 2:43 am on May 12, 2011 by

Sentiments I think any American can appreciate:

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

A one liner and a you tube post? I agree with the sentence you wrote. After viewing the clip, I have questions. What country were they talking to, and what did that country say/do to warrant the rant (that I loved)? Maybe if you had expanded your post it might have been better?

IowaWoman on May 12, 2011 at 5:32 AM

Good enough for me… Sometimes, the less said the better.

gryphon202 on May 12, 2011 at 8:15 AM

@IowaWoman

He’s talking to Jose Manuel Barroso, the current president of the European Commission. He’s from Portugal.

Vancomycin on May 12, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Good enough for me… Sometimes, the less said the better.

gryphon202 on May 12, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Absolutely agreed.

A very relevant clip. I certainly hope more of his kind snap out of it in time to pull Europe (if not just the UK) back from the brink, but…that’s probably wishful thinking. Instructive for us across the pond, regardless.

Bee on May 12, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Vancomycin on May 12, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Thank you :) that helps.
The clip on it’s own was good. It was I who wanted more information.

IowaWoman on May 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM

IowaWoman on May 12, 2011 at 5:32 AM

I figured weighing it down with too much of my stupid crap might take away from the basic impact of the message. Suffice to say that Barroso is, for all intents and purposes, the big cheese of the European Union, and is basically working to strip as much sovereignty from the member states as possible. Farage is one of the lone voices standing up to the EU’s efforts to essentially turn Europe into a collective superstate. The primary initiative he’s railing against in this video is an attempt by the EU to centralize border and immigration policy, effectively taking away each countries’ ability to set their own.

Take away his British accent, and he could pass for an Arizonian.

MadisonConservative on May 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Barroso was a Maoist in his student days:

Barroso as a young, passionate Maoist student leader in 1976

aengus on May 12, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Hear hear!

Hannan/Farage 2012!

Good Lt on May 12, 2011 at 2:53 PM

More Farage pwnage:

Good Lt on May 12, 2011 at 2:55 PM

MadisonConservative on May 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM

If we had a similar debate in the US it would be about our individual states requiring ID control and border stops along state borders within the United States. This has nothing to do with Schengen frontier.

lexhamfox on May 12, 2011 at 8:26 PM

MadCon,

I saw this guy last November and said why the hell can’t we get him as President?? I know where I could get a BC for him and he’s on his way. No more dicking around with old guard Repubs who will folk the hell out of us like they did with Dole/Cain. Nigel is damn good.

I have him in my Politcal Favs file and that Sarkozy, what a scum baq. No wonder he and Barry get along.

auspatriotman on June 10, 2011 at 9:32 PM