Green Room

A bit of Nigel Farage deliciousness…

posted at 2:43 am on May 12, 2011 by

Sentiments I think any American can appreciate:

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

A one liner and a you tube post? I agree with the sentence you wrote. After viewing the clip, I have questions. What country were they talking to, and what did that country say/do to warrant the rant (that I loved)? Maybe if you had expanded your post it might have been better?

IowaWoman on May 12, 2011 at 5:32 AM

Good enough for me… Sometimes, the less said the better.

gryphon202 on May 12, 2011 at 8:15 AM

@IowaWoman

He’s talking to Jose Manuel Barroso, the current president of the European Commission. He’s from Portugal.

Vancomycin on May 12, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Good enough for me… Sometimes, the less said the better.

gryphon202 on May 12, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Absolutely agreed.

A very relevant clip. I certainly hope more of his kind snap out of it in time to pull Europe (if not just the UK) back from the brink, but…that’s probably wishful thinking. Instructive for us across the pond, regardless.

Bee on May 12, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Vancomycin on May 12, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Thank you 🙂 that helps.
The clip on it’s own was good. It was I who wanted more information.

IowaWoman on May 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM

IowaWoman on May 12, 2011 at 5:32 AM

I figured weighing it down with too much of my stupid crap might take away from the basic impact of the message. Suffice to say that Barroso is, for all intents and purposes, the big cheese of the European Union, and is basically working to strip as much sovereignty from the member states as possible. Farage is one of the lone voices standing up to the EU’s efforts to essentially turn Europe into a collective superstate. The primary initiative he’s railing against in this video is an attempt by the EU to centralize border and immigration policy, effectively taking away each countries’ ability to set their own.

Take away his British accent, and he could pass for an Arizonian.

MadisonConservative on May 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Barroso was a Maoist in his student days:

Barroso as a young, passionate Maoist student leader in 1976

aengus on May 12, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Hear hear!

Hannan/Farage 2012!

Good Lt on May 12, 2011 at 2:53 PM

More Farage pwnage:

Good Lt on May 12, 2011 at 2:55 PM

MadisonConservative on May 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM

If we had a similar debate in the US it would be about our individual states requiring ID control and border stops along state borders within the United States. This has nothing to do with Schengen frontier.

lexhamfox on May 12, 2011 at 8:26 PM

MadCon,

I saw this guy last November and said why the hell can’t we get him as President?? I know where I could get a BC for him and he’s on his way. No more dicking around with old guard Repubs who will folk the hell out of us like they did with Dole/Cain. Nigel is damn good.

I have him in my Politcal Favs file and that Sarkozy, what a scum baq. No wonder he and Barry get along.

auspatriotman on June 10, 2011 at 9:32 PM

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM
Top Pick

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM
Top Pick

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment

Emboldened conservative wing?

It’s more about the powers of the Presidency at this point

A second look at paper ballots?

Jazz Shaw Jun 26, 2017 10:41 AM

Low tech solutions to high tech crime

No extra beatings required, thanks

A “”massive, massive f*** up…”

This is totally amazing!

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”