Green Room

April Primary Survey: Polls are now open

posted at 1:30 pm on April 3, 2011 by

As promised last month, I’ve removed Chris Christie and Paul Ryan from the Presidential line due to their stated disinterest in running. I’ve removed Jim Demint, since he’s removed himself from running, as well. Because he has indicated an interest in running, I have added Rand Paul; if Paul supporters try to cheat as they notoriously do for his father Ron, I will remove Rand from subsequent polls.

I’ve also removed Mike Huckabee from contention. It may seem counterintuitive to cite this in support, but if Fox knows which of its contributors are — to put in Mr. Huckabee’s words — “very much considering another run at the Presidency,” I’ll simply take the network at its word and judge its inaction here as a definitive indicator that Mr. Huckabee, despite his public pronouncements, won’t be running. He’ll be returned to the list if he declares or if Fox puts him on leave.

Update: Huckabee has been returned to the list, per request. I think the paragraph above summarizes my own personal position succinctly, but like-minded people can disagree, and returning Huck to the pool of presidential contenders certainly isn’t an absurd proposition. Indeed, my position is likely the minority one. Polls remain open!

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

This post has been promoted to HotAir.com.

Comments have been closed on this post but the discussion continues here.

Allahpundit on April 3, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Thanks again Patrick for this poll. Looking forward to the results.
L

letget on April 3, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Top Pick

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.