Send @icaito to @lacasablanca!
posted at 10:39 am on March 25, 2011 by Fausta Wertz
Tonight Pres. Obama will give a speech on education on Univision at 7PM Eastern, so the White House tweeted this in Spanish,
There are a couple of things wrong with this:
For starters, if you insist on using that statement, which is not a good translation, it should read,
Es El Momento: Presidente Obama habla directamente a la comunidad hispana sobre el futuro de la educación
The correct statement, however, would have been what @icaito tweeted,
@lacasablanca El Presidente Obama hablará directamente con la población hispana sobre el futuro de la educación. 7pm EST, en Univisión.
@Icaito followed up with,
@lacasablanca Really, who does the Spanish translation for you? Just wondering. I’m Active Duty Navy, willing to lend a hand if needed.
The White House ought to take him up on his offer.
Cross-posted at Fausta’s blog
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained