No, the Tea Party is not going away
posted at 1:26 am on March 17, 2011 by SueZeeQ
In fact, it appears they are only getting started in reminding the DC establishment and now the 50 states about what their concerns are. I can only go back to the Harry Reid interview on Meet the Press after the election where he states that the tea party will basically go away because the economy is getting better.
Not so fast. The post-election tea party has now evolved into the watchdogs of the state and federal politicians that they gave victories to. The tea party now expects this new breed of politicians to adhere to their campaign promises (yes, I know) as well as tackle the real problems and actually do something about them. Actions indeed speak louder than words, and in this case they directly affect our nation’s fiscal future–among other things.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation