DSCC needs your help with a new slogan
posted at 8:39 am on March 8, 2011 by Bruce McQuain
Sen. Patty Murray, Chair of the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee (DSCC), wants help with formulating a “pithy catchphrase to rally the troops” according to POLITICO.
No seriously, they need help – and they’re outsourcing the effort.
“Because Harry Reid really likes his nice Majority Leader office”
“Please, please, please vote for us in 2012!”
“Will the last Senate Democrat in office please turn out the lights?”
A POLITICO reader suggests, “Hey, at least we didn’t flee”. A variation I like is “At least we’re not fleebaggers”.
Moe Lane pops in with “Drink the Kool-aid”. Lane also reminds us of the DSCC’s recent performance:
[T]he DSCC spent 97.8 million and went into debt for 8.9 million in order to lose six Senate seats and gain zero – [which] demonstrates handily that the DSCC cannot be trusted to come in out of the rain; wipe its own nose; or, indeed, wear its underpants underneath its outer clothing.
“Democrats: Not Republicans since 1854.”
“Democrats: Because Republicans are icky.”
“Democrats: More Hope, Less Change.”
“The D Stands For Debtor.”
“Democrats: The Starter Party.”
Me? I’m kind of partial to “Our symbol isn’t a jackass for nothing”.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation