Boomerang: Attacks on the Tea Party Coming Back Around on Progressives
posted at 7:00 pm on February 23, 2011 by John Sexton
The left spent 18 months building up a media image of the Tea Party as racist, angry, violent and hateful based on a handful of intemperate signs and statements (and lots of insinuation). Now, just in the month of February, every bit of that image has been shown to be a case of projection. Consider the sort of month the left is having:
- Violent rhetoric? Check. Double check.
- Unhinged political analogies? Check.
- Hilter signs? Check.
- Crosshairs on politicians. Check.
- Anger and cursing? Check.
- Shoving? Check.
- Majority white crowds? Check. (This was always the dumbest of liberal attacks, but there it is.)
- Racial overtones? Check.
- Astroturfing by national organizations? Check.
Some of the signs have made it on air at the networks, albeit without comment; but the media feeding frenzy that attended these issues when the Tea Party was on the receiving end has vanished. Just how bad is the media bias here? So bad that even MSNBC can see it.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation