Green Room

Palinism

posted at 3:38 pm on January 13, 2011 by

After she – and other prominent conservatives – were blamed for the horrendous tragedy in Arizona, former Governor of Alaska Sarah Palin clouded herself in silence for a few days, after which she came back with avengeance. She released a video in which she took on the mainstream  media and leftist activists (but I’m repeating myself) for playing dirty games; for literally using the horrific deaths of six innocent people to further their agenda.

Watch the video:

Sarah Palin: “America’s Enduring Strength” from Sarah Palin on Vimeo.

It goes without saying that Palin is right. Leftists condemned conservatives in general for the shooting before we even knew the slightest thing about Jared Lee Loughner’s political views. Once more information surfaced about his background, it became clear that he is simply insane. Politics had nothing to do with his terrible crime. Of course that inconvenient fact did not prevent leftists from lashing out at, especially, Palin time and again. They had found a new political weapon, and they were determined to use it for all its worth.

Palin waited a few days, but when she finally came out, she did so blasting. She blasted the media and her other leftist critics, and had no qualms accusing them of ‘blood libel.’ While the Left will undoubtedly hate her for it, she has the truth on her side. Progressives’ reaction to the Arizona shooting was nauseating.

What’s more intriguing about this whole affair than the Left’s reaction, however, is Palin’s response to the ‘blood libel.’ Some advisers undoubtedly told her to keep her mouth shut, to let this one go. But that’s not Palin’s style. No. She’s a self-styled momma grizzly. Although it’s easy to make fun of this term, the fact of the matter is that she does embody the grizzly-attitude. She fears nothing. When cornered, she lashes out. She plays offense at all times, not just when so-called ‘experts’ think it’s convenient. And big pappa grizzlies don’t impress her one bit. She’s determined to protect her cubs – whether they’d be her own career, her ideals, her policy views, her children, or her allies – against all cost. And that’s precisely what makes her so dangerous to the left.

Palin’s distinct approach to politics is “Palinism.” To me, it’s basically a libertarian conservative world view, combined with an aggressive strategy to win elections and shape the general tone of the debate. Although some more careful – and fearful – conservatives may not like it, Palin’s combination is the way forward; at least for her.

Although I have a record of criticizing Palin, I’ve come to respect her tremendously in recent months. The more she says and writes, the more impressed I am by her character, fearlessness, political intelligence and strategy. This is one dangerous lady – if you oppose her agenda, that is.

I’m not ready yet to (prematurely) endorse any candidate for president, but Palin certainly is at, or near, the top of my list. Conservatives need her desperately; other politicos are too afraid of the mainstream media to fight back, but not Palin. Unlike any other conservative politician, she’s able to set the tone of the debate. Even those who are right-of-center and who do not support the governor’s ambitions, have to admit that she has a vital role to play in the conservative movement. To silence her – because you consider her ‘too divisive’ – is not just ludicrous, but potentially dangerous. After all, who else is willing and able to take on the left and its dirty games?

This article originally appeared at Right Across the Atlantic.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

My goodness…..Someone with some sanity around here.

My heart aches over what happened this past week. Being a conservative, tea partier, Sarah Palin supporter and a “proud army mom”, I’m furious that I was blamed for what happened.
I don’t care….I will scream it from the rooftops how unfair all of this is.
Trust me it won’t be very “civil”.
I tell ya Michael….If the left think they have taken down, or have even subdued Sarah/me, they have another thing coming.
This is something I will never forget.

Eventually, our lives will get “back to normal”. Then it will be all about policies and upcoming elections again.

The left have awakened, yet again the sleeping giant.
We won’t retreat…we will reload…YEA, I SAID IT!

tencole on January 13, 2011 at 4:06 PM

The left thinks this whole episode has irreparably damaged, Pali, but I think they are wrong. Once someone has survived being called a murderess, what other charges can they possibly hurl at her that will even scratch her?

rockmom on January 13, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Ack, of course I meant to type Palin there. Keyboard doing tricks on me today!!

rockmom on January 13, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Once someone has survived being called a murderess

most people do survive being called names. gunshots to the head tend to be more life-threatenung.

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 4:43 PM

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Are you being stupid and argumentative on purpose?

Geeeee…What was it that Obama said last night about civility???? hmmmmm

tencole on January 13, 2011 at 4:55 PM

tencole, somebody says that Palin is being called a murderess and it’s wondrous that she has survived, and you think that I’m being stupid?

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 5:05 PM

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Did I say it was wondrous that she survived? Did I compare it to actually surviving a gunshot?

rockmom on January 13, 2011 at 5:08 PM

why not start out by telling us who it is that called Palin a murderess? who comprises the “they” who went beyond saying that Palin’s language was inciting violence and bears responsibility for helping to stir up violence?

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Started off with the NYDN, I believe:

Rep Gabrielle Gifford’s Blood is on Sarah Palin’s Hands

alwaysfiredup on January 13, 2011 at 5:33 PM

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Incitier of violence = murderer, my dear. You don’t get to pretend it doesn’t.

alwaysfiredup on January 13, 2011 at 5:35 PM

nah, sweetie, you don’t get it.

Incitier of violence = murderer

that’s not even close to an equality. get a dictionary.

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 5:44 PM

that’s not even close to an equality. get a dictionary.

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 5:44 PM

It doesn’t matter what is true, only what people believe. Right?

alwaysfiredup on January 13, 2011 at 5:44 PM

More libel, this time of the entire Tea Party:

WaPo cartoon showing a teapot with a gunman firing out the top

alwaysfiredup on January 13, 2011 at 5:54 PM

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Markos Moulitsas: “Misson Accomplished, Sarah Palin”

rockmom on January 13, 2011 at 6:08 PM

alwaysfiredup,

Jeff Danziger drew that cartoon.
Does he work for the WaPo?
Does that cartoon have anything to do with the Arizona shooting? When was it drawn and published?

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Markos Moulitsas: “Misson Accomplished, Sarah Palin”

rockmom

a blogger? tweeting that?

that’s not a “they” hurling cries of “murderess”.

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 6:16 PM

I can’t thank Sarah Palin enough for standing with us little people and giving us a voice. I also than you Michael for this piece. Well done…

Keemo on January 13, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I’m a former Leftist and I thought I’d seen it all. But the events of last week point out something truly new and more vividly evil than anything I’ve seen in America. We see now with a painful clarity how far the Left has come in degrading and morally inverting our society, and how far they intend to go — to the ends of tyranny. This battle is now life and death for America.

What happened to Sarah Palin is pure madness, and from every angle we see in it both the Left’s grand design and fascist fingerprints of execution. Every coping mechanism used by conservatives for the past 15 years to deal with the rise of the Left — which all boiled down to some form of appeasement or avoidance — has failed. Outside of a few writers and philosophers, very few people in the public realm have a clue what the Left is up to our how to contend with them, or have the wits to try a new strategy. Within the popular culture, or among politicians, Sarah Palin is the only person who comprehends and is equipped to do so.

The Left knows this, and they must destroy her. Other conservatives sense the “blood libel”, this fierce intent to destroy, and realize what the Left has in store for them if they rise to her defense. The last week was partly a show of strength by the Left and media, a threat to others who might think of defending her. The imagery of “blood libel”, of how the Nazis divided and culled and massacred the Jews, is more than apt — it is exact, adapted to a non-police state. What the Left and media did was everything they could do under its constraints.

She must run for President. There is no one else. And we must meet their fierce intent with our own fiercer one. There is no other way.

rrpjr on January 13, 2011 at 8:30 PM

She must run for President. There is no one else.

there are a hundred million Americans as qualified. there are endless “else’s”.

and the left can not destroy her. they must certainly can rebut the things that she says, but not any better than the centrists and conservatives rebut her.

but no one will destroy her, not as long as her career on tv continues.

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 8:43 PM

but no one will destroy her, not as long as her career on tv continues.

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 8:43 PM

What the heck does THAT mean??

tencole on January 13, 2011 at 8:59 PM

there are a hundred million Americans as qualified. there are endless “else’s”.
audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Superfluous. Do you require the dozen or so qualifiers as to who qualifies as being qualified?

Further, there is no one else not because there are not 100 million Americans who might serve competently in the office (ceding your point) but there is none so qualified and equally so vilified by the Left as to represent meaning and moment in this state of war we’re in. I don’t foreclose on the possibility that a candidate may emerge in the next 6-12 months with an understanding of the Left and the fortitude to take them on, but history doesn’t suggest such a person either exists or could materialize. Sarah Palin is a beautiful anomaly, a gift — her unlikely rise to prominence, the raw materials in her that make her so valuable to America and despised by the elites and the Left, i.e., her understanding and her fortitude. No, there is no one else.

rrpjr on January 13, 2011 at 9:10 PM

No, there is no one else.

rrpjr

she might make an exciting candidate.

she’s more than a bit too ignorant to serve decently.

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 9:14 PM

she’s more than a bit too ignorant to serve decently.

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Me thinks you are too smart for this drivel. You must be bored and just playing sick games with this post for fun.

shmendrick on January 13, 2011 at 9:46 PM

shmendrick, I’m quite sincere in saying that I think her ignorant and do not believe her, at present, capable of serving well as president.

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Ignorance…. Education….

Why don’t we know Obamas academic scores ?

silverfox on January 13, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Why don’t we know Obamas academic scores ?

silverfox

Because you’re ignorant?

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 10:04 PM

One word about this post: BEAUTIFUL.

Dan Pet on January 13, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Because you’re ignorant?

audiculous

I wonder why the whole nation, including you, are ignorant about Obama’s academic record?

sleepyhead on January 13, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Because you’re ignorant?

audiculous

If you have any links or information about how to find them out, please enlighten us, because many people have been trying to find out, and they seem to be sealed. maybe you can get around that somehoe – we all anxiously await your response.

YehuditTX on January 13, 2011 at 11:47 PM

YehuditTX , you can get his grades by writing to Columbia University from which he was awarded a degree in poly sci and to Harvard U Law School from which he was awarded a Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude.

If that doesn’t work for you, maybe you can simply estimate that he did okay in law school based on the Magna.

audiculous on January 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM

That’s a bit much. Lets see how she does in 2012.

Conservative Samizdat on January 14, 2011 at 1:30 AM

This is something I will never forget.

The left have awakened, yet again the sleeping giant.
We won’t retreat…we will reload…YEA, I SAID IT!

Heh. Let’s go, I’d say ;)

@Meeko: thank you.

I don’t think she’s the only one, but certainly one of a few. Online media guru Andrew Breitbart, conservative author David Horowitz, and others come to mind also.

@Dan Pet: glad you enjoyed it.

Michael van der Galien on January 14, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Death panels, blood libel. She’s right again.

Kissmygrits on January 14, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Go Sarah! Rip ‘em a new one!

woodNfish on January 14, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Geeeee…What was it that Obama said last night about civility???? hmmmmm

tencole on January 13, 2011 at 4:55 PM

It doesn’t matter. It was all just theater for idiots.

oldleprechaun on January 14, 2011 at 4:42 PM

She isn’t a saint, a goddess, infallible, or the sole repository of all goodness and knowledge. She is human, with flaws, and not always right on everything.

That said, I would walk through fire for her or any other like minded Tea Party Conservative capable of winning the White House in 2012.

Until someone (I don’t mean the MSM or the Ruling Class)can present to me a stronger candidate that is popular, authentic, and electable, my vote is for Palin.

itzWicks on January 14, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Hail Atlantis!

audiculous on January 14, 2011 at 6:25 PM

rrpjr on January 13, 2011 at 8:30 PM

This.

ornery_independent on January 14, 2011 at 9:41 PM

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Are you being stupid and argumentative on purpose?

tencole on January 13, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Yes. Yes it is. It always does. I’m not one to throw around the ‘troll’ brand indiscriminately against anyone who doesn’t agree with me, so know that this one definitely deserves it’s abode beneath the bridge.

miConsevative on January 15, 2011 at 9:43 AM

you can get his grades by writing to Columbia University

audiculous on January 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Do you realize this is a lie and are being purposely deceptive or are you just stupid? His first – yes first – act as president was an executive order sealing ALL of his personal records. Would love to hear from someone like you a reasoned, thought out explanation to why he may have felt this so necessary.

miConsevative on January 15, 2011 at 9:47 AM

miConsevative on January 15, 2011 at 9:43 AM

audiclueless

darwin on January 15, 2011 at 10:01 AM

miConsevative

which executive order was it that sealed all the records of his life prior to assuming the presidency? I missed that one.

audiculous on January 15, 2011 at 10:24 AM

audiculous on January 15, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Not surprising. You tend to miss a lot.

powerpro on January 16, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Not surprising. You tend to miss a lot.

powerpro

yes I do. I particularly miss nonexistent executive orders.

audiculous on January 17, 2011 at 12:37 PM