Green Room

Remember Alec Baldwin’s rant on killing Congressional Republicans, their wives, and children?

posted at 10:10 am on January 11, 2011 by

With all of the talk of vitriolic rhetoric and images, the Left conveniently ignores so many vicious attacks–verbal and physical–on conservatives, Republicans, and anyone else who disagrees with them.  They attempt to bully their political opponents into submission and silence–with the MSM in lock step with them–the mask off.  And if there was even a shred of hope that the MSM would get back in the game of reporting the news, we now have confirmation that it is gone.  Completely.

Obviously, this hatred of the Right and America is a long term issue, but the torch continues to be passed.  Alec Baldwin, one of the Left’s darlings and possible seeker of public office, may want to hire a good strategist to develop a PR image plan to diffuse this one again ’cause apologies and saying it was a “joke” is soooo yesterday. The reality is, Alec, you meant every word.  And it’s long-lost rants like this that make great campaign ads.

Just as Nina Totenberg meant it literally when she wished AIDS on Jesse Helms’ grandchildren as she giggled away.  Such good liberals, indeed, with their venom.  Such a hideous display of the inner dark soul of the Left.  I’m still confused by Totenberg’s comment–a child should suffer and die because of his or her grandfather’s political affiliation?

However, what Alec does on Conan’s show in 1998 is even more horrifying.  I remember watching this as it went down and have never forgotten Alec’s violent call to kill an elected Republican Congressman.  Is that what he learned in Africa–that they stone people to death there–as stoning appears to be very prevalent in Africa.  And where were the bills then against threats to lawmakers?

Here’s the transcript (emphasis mine):

Alec Baldwin: “I was in Africa. I go to Africa. I mean ladies and gentlemen I am in Africa. For three months I am in the bush and I come back. I come back here and I come back to what? I mean what is happening right now as we speak? Right now the Judiciary Committee, the President has an approval rating of 68 percent. The President is very popular and things are going pretty good and they are voting to impeach the President. They voted on one article of impeachment already. And I come back from Africa to stained dresses and cigars and this and impeachment. I am thinking to myself in other countries they are laughing at us twenty four hours a day and I’m thinking to myself if we were in other countries, we would all right now, all of us together, [starts to shout] all of us together would go down to Washington and we would stone Henry Hyde to death! We would stone him to death! [crowd cheers] Wait! Shut up! Shut up! No shut up! I’m not finished. We would stone Henry Hyde to death and we would go to their homes and we’d kill their wives and their children. We would kill their families. [stands up screaming] What is happening in this country? What is happening? UGHHH UGHHH!!!!”

We all know Alec has a very bad temper.  Is he really fit to be an elected official?  Between his intolerance of those who don’t agree with him, his short fused violent rants, and his inability to put aside his leftist ideology, Baldwin is the last person you want as an elected official.

Additionally, the writers of 30 Rock may want to tone down the rhetoric with Alec’s character because he uses some vitriolic language (emphasis mine):

In one recent episode, Donaghy/Baldwin said: “Do you know who gets elected to Congress these days? Former athletes, washed-up actors, and, uh… women. I’m locked and loaded and ready for whatever these Beltway lobotomites throw at me.”

Finally, we can read over at the HuffPo, Alec also might want to tone it down a bit because, from what I see, there is no way this man can reach across the aisle and represent all of his constituents.

And kudos to Alec as admitted socialist Roseanne Barr agrees with “everything that guys says” (about 1:20 in).

It really has come to this.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I was unaware of any of this. A real eye-opener, but not terribly surprising. The Left is very comfortable with death; it’s almost a calling of theirs.

I wonder what chance he’d actually have in an election…

KinleyArdal on January 11, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Our major problem is that as a Nation we seem to have very short memories or a grave reluctance to face realities.

This “both sides do it” meme has got to stop.

Starting in the mid-90′s the Left has raised the level of hate speech directed toward the Right to astounding levels.

Does Michael Moore ring a bell? Got to sit right next to Carter at the Convention as a reward for his refusing to engage in hate speech.

John Kerry’s diatribes?

The list runs into the thousands and thousands over the past decade alone.

And the Right? Face it, we are in the crosshairs and have been for quite a while now.

Remember Al Gore’s diatribes against Bush following 2000?

And the constant BushHitler signs, and analogies?

And the Darth Cheney posters?

Code Pink ring a bell?

And now, after some kid, whose parents abrogated their parenting responsibility to the state, shoots into a crowd and kills a judge, a young kid, among others and wounds a Blue Dog Democrat Congresswoman, among others…and all of a sudden the Left is decrying hate speech again…a subject they seem to know all too well.

Rahmm Emanuel’s maxim, “never let a crisis go to waste” is in full flower today.

Several attempts already to deny freedom of speech for certain persons, to try once again to ban guns (Gifford was/is a staunch Second Amendment proponent…irony) and voices on the Left trying to blame this violence on everybody from Bush to Limbaugh to Hot Air and just about any blog that is not Progressive? Even a sitting serving Sheriff in Tucson gets to join in without batting an eye.

Does Daily Kos get a pass?

MoveOn.Org suddenly fall off the screens?

What happened in Arizona is tragic.

Let’s deal with it honestly.

And let’s start by identifying the voices of the recent past who ushered in this age of hate…such as your sterling example of Baldwin’s rant.

Does celebrity exempt a citizen from being held accountable?

Lately, it seems it does.

Being a Democrat seems to help as well, it appears.

coldwarrior on January 11, 2011 at 10:50 AM

dear SusanAnne, that was Baldwin doing his impression of a John Belushi rant as publicity for his Saturday Night Live appearance.

It was not a call to kill anybody, but a mockery of the ridiculousness of the impeachment proceedings and a mockery of customs in other countries.

maybe you should have emphasized the

I’m thinking to myself if we were in other countries,

part that was immediately before the part that you choose to emphasize.

audiculous on January 11, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Wow, I’d almost forgotten about this video. If he runs for office, his GOP opponent should run this clip on TV, over and over.

Ward Cleaver on January 11, 2011 at 12:00 PM

audiculous on January 11, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Which video of genuine libtard hate speech would you like me to pull out of my bag of tricks next, douchebag?

gryphon202 on January 11, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Last time I checked, Palin’s “crosshairs map” wasn’t exactly an “actual call to violence” either. Unless by “violence,” you mean “electoral defeat.” The libtards want freedom for me, but not for thee. Plain and simple.

gryphon202 on January 11, 2011 at 1:01 PM

audiculous on January 11, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Ah, see – there it is! When a leftist actually says these kind of violent things, it’s just comedy, hyperbole, figures of speech, mockery, etc.

When a nutjob shoots some people, actual conservatives who have not only said nothing relevant to the incident, but have done nothing directly tied to the incident are accused of having blood on their hands.

That’s some brilliant logic you lefties have there, lol. I mean, I can understand why you’d want to try to pull these opportunistic-yet-despicable shenanigans at least, since your team has nothing to work with but lies, but at some point, the rest of us continue to hope that you’ll wake up and smell the reality.

Midas on January 11, 2011 at 1:38 PM

And I come back from Africa to stained dresses and cigars and this and impeachment. I am thinking to myself in other countries they are laughing at us twenty four hours a day–

What a revealing fragment of diatribe. Almost every word is ripe with meaning.

The celebrity on the charity junket, the implied vainglorious view of his little safari, as if he was killing the African warlords with his bare hands rather than driving around frowning;

The assumption that other countries care what America does with Mr. Clinton, the assumption that we should care what they think, or that our caring or their caring should have some sway on our laws, or that any of this affects Mr. Baldwin in any way.

No doubt he has grown wiser with age, however. ;)

HitNRun on January 11, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I think the GOP, the Tea Party’s, and conservatives in general need to make a big deal of this looney left hyperbole. Apparently, thank g-d, the public isn’t buying it either. The loons on the left need to be called out. The violent acts of the left need to be publicized in paid ads, since the lame stream media has been totally silent about them. The public needs to be educated about who is really engaging in violent acts and advocating actual violence. And it ain’t Sarah Palin, the Tea Parties, Rush or any other main stream people on the right. Make them pay big for this nonsense and these lies. It’s time to stand up conservatives for your self respect. Remember, silence is acquiessence.

shmendrick on January 11, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Midas on January 11, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Not what I’m saying. There are indeed plenty of times that leftists say and mean violent things.
This time wasn’t one of them.

audiculous on January 11, 2011 at 5:01 PM

gryphon202, you really should stop getting confused and thinking of me as a douchebag. Doing that is just gonna make you want to suck on my nozzle and drinking the liquid. …

so stick to thinking about the good times you had growing up. say hi to your folks.

audiculous on January 11, 2011 at 5:04 PM

audiculous on January 11, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Yet another post, courtesy of a libtard commenter, which is absolutely and utterly devoid of any substance. Keep talking, Audi. Keep talking.

gryphon202 on January 11, 2011 at 5:16 PM

This time wasn’t one of them.

audiculous on January 11, 2011 at 5:01 PM

But Sarah Palin was EEEEEEVIL for putting crosshairs on a map of electoral targets. Yup. Both sides need to cool it. Okay. Douchebag.

gryphon202 on January 11, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Oh wait a minute. You’re right, Audi. I did find one example of right-wing hate speech. I guess he’s made his point, fellers. I give up.

/sarc

gryphon202 on January 11, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Don’t forget, Susananne, MN elected Stuart Smalley over a moderate Republican.

gitarfan on January 11, 2011 at 8:07 PM

I’d actually forgotten about this. Thank you for the reminder.

Cylor on January 12, 2011 at 12:26 AM