Green Room

Bristol Palin – Worst Person in the World!

posted at 9:46 am on November 30, 2010 by

There is an obsession on the Left with those on the Right who have made mistakes and decided to reform themselves, and in this case it’s Bristol Palin. To those on the Left like Keith Olbermann, Bristol Palin, having made the mistake of premarital sex which resulted in her little boy now apparently disqualifies her from advocating for abstinence. I guess its the same reasoning behind Ed Schultz’s continued use of his pet nickname for Rush Limbaugh as the ‘drugster’. Funny thing to me is that I’ve often found experience to be the best teacher.

In the world I grew up in, it was always those who had seen the dangers of the ‘other side’ first hand who would come back and warn us not to go down that path. Maybe it was a lifestyle of drugs or alcohol. Maybe it someone who tried to commit suicide. Maybe it was just someone who had experienced the dangers of a broken lifestyle through a friend. Either way, we always applauded those who had overcome and many times it was only they who had made it their life’s ambition to try and save others from experiencing the same fate.

Maybe it’s because I’m conservative, although I really don’t think so, but I’ve always applauded Rush Limbaugh for overcoming his drug habit. In the course of that he learned a lot about himself that’s made him a better person to those around him. And if he wanted to tell people about the dangers of oxycontin I would do nothing but encourage him, because he knows better than most how harmful drug addiction can be, and he also knows it can be overcome.

I feel the same about Bristol Palin. She’s made it her mission in life to use her platform to encourage young women to abstain from sex before marriage because she doesn’t want them to experience the same kind of hurt and pain she’s experienced. And I ask Keith Olbermann, what is so wrong with that?

So when I hear Olbermann or those of his ilk diminishing people like Bristol Palin, trying to destroy someone who has done nothing but share their experiences with others, it just reminds me of how hateful and intolerant those are on the ideological Left. And as a Christian, it reminds me that more than anything, no matter how lost they may seem, they need Jesus just like the rest of us.

(h/t: theBlaze)

Cross posted at www.therightscoop.com

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Bristol has learned and suffered so much.

She has overcome her early trials in life.

What a triumphant young lady.

Go Bristol!

Don’t mind the idiotic critics!

TheAlamos on November 30, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Words fail me. Bristol has more class in her little finger than Olbermann could ever hope to have.

DougV on November 30, 2010 at 10:29 AM

What happened to the kids being off limits?

Next up… Sasha Obama… Worst Person in the World for not eating her arugula!

dforston on November 30, 2010 at 10:52 AM

This guy is such a grade A jerk, it is hard to express in words the contempt he inspires in me when I see his stupid antics highlighted here.

I’m not as stupid as he is, so I won’t say he’s the Worst Person in the World, because he never starved millions to death like Kim Jong Il has. He is just a lunatic moonbat with a TV show that more people see excerpted on blogs like this, and laugh at his stupidity, than actually watch the program.

Does he even have any children that he will admit to?

Probably not.

He is an egomaniac pervert diva, and that’s about it.

Brian1972 on November 30, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Olbie better watch out, Bristol has a club and she knows how to use it.

Kissmygrits on November 30, 2010 at 11:49 AM

The is a juvenile amusement on the left with pointing out the human flaws of the people on the right (and their families) who are oft found lecturing others about “family values” and other terms employed to hector folks upon whom the right’s preachers wish to focus opprobrium.

Those juvenile leftists are too immature not to resent what is, on the surface, hypocrisy.

audiculous on November 30, 2010 at 12:38 PM

What happened to the kids being off limits?

dforston

Kids should be off-limits, but when one of them signs up with an agency so that she can be paid to give speeches and also starts making television appearances, that sort of means that she has freely chosen to get in the game.

audiculous on November 30, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Audiculous, you are of course entitled to your opinion. Nowhere is it written that opinions need to have merit.

WikiLeaks man? Not worst person of the week.

Daughter of Sarah Palin? Worst person of the week.

See? Keefie is entitled to his opinion, too.

TeeDee on November 30, 2010 at 1:55 PM

sorry TeeDee and you’re entitled to your level of understanding….

I’ve got no problem with Bristol Palin and not much interest. She;s just some kid and has never done a thing in life to deserve our praise or scorn.

I’m willing to let her grow up and become her own person rather than trying to smack a label on her at this point.

audiculous on November 30, 2010 at 2:10 PM

So that whole thing is back, eh? I thought he’d given it up.

tikvah on November 30, 2010 at 4:06 PM

He has a point.

Bristol Palin doing an ad for abstinence, would be like Olbermann doing a PSA about Pedophiles

DSchoen on December 1, 2010 at 4:21 AM

audiculous on November 30, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Cart before the horse. She’s done the speeches and appearances and whatnot AFTER being dragged through the mud. She was never off-limits.

ddrintn on December 2, 2010 at 10:39 AM

ddrintn,

I absolutely agree with you that Bristol got abused before she signed up and I think that it was low and mean.

I meant only that once she turned pro, there’s no longer any question that she’s no longer in the “kid” gloves section.

audiculous on December 2, 2010 at 5:51 PM