TSA “Junk Touching” Now SOP?
posted at 9:30 am on November 17, 2010 by Howard Portnoy
[NOTE TO READERS: I will be a guest tomorrow, Thursday, Nov. 18, on the Jim Vicevich Show on WTIC 1080, Hatford, discussing the TSA's intrusive practices. The segment will run between 10 and 10:30 a.m. I hope you will all join me.]
John Tyner’s 15 minutes of fame appear to be over. Tyner, should the name fail to ring a bell, is the would-be passenger who admonished TSA personnel not to “touch his junk” after he refused to submit to an invasive full-body scan.
Radio host Owen JJ Stone, better known to listeners as “OhDoctah,” shared an experience on the Alex Jones Show that dwarfs Tyner’s in the degree of its invasiveness. Stone claims that as he was passing through airport security this past weekend clad in sweatpants, he was informed by a TSA agent that the rules had changed for those wearing “baggy clothing.”
Stone further maintains that the agent told him “I have to go in your waistband, I have to put my hand down your pants.”
In a clip from the program (see below), Stone tells his host that he was not given an option to walk through a scanner.
Stone’s account is mirrored by that of a 54-year-old Missouri City man who claims to have been subject to a similarly mortifying experience going through security at Fort Lauderdale Airport. The individual, Thomas Mollman, insists he was subject to a groping that was tantamount to sexual molestation:
I was wearing shorts at the time—between the underwear, right on the skin, all the way around the back, all the way around my front, 360 degrees, touched inappropriately.
A week before Thanksgiving, the busiest air travel day of the year, a number of irate Americans have united in forming the website WeWon’t.Fly.com, urging those who can find alternative means of transportation to their Turkey Day destination to do so.
- How safe are the scanners the TSA is using in airports?
- “Touch my junk, and I’ll have you arrested”: The TSA’s way or the highway
- Al Qaeda hits new low: Sews bombs inside dogs
- The TSA admits to storing potentially embarrassing airport checkpoint body scan images
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained