Green Room

Smitty, Good Luck and Godspeed….

posted at 2:59 pm on November 17, 2010 by

Smitty (AKA, Chris Smith) over at The Other McCain has announced in a recent blog post that he will be reporting to Kabul, Afghanistan in time for Christmas, and that he will not be writing anymore blog posts until late 2011. To be specific, Smitty wrote the following about his upcoming deployment to Afghanistan:

“Stacy has greased the skids here, but there will be a hiatus in regular blogging activity for the Smitty portion of this blog duo at the close of this post. I hold orders to activate in mid-November and report to Kabul, Afghanistan in time for Christmas. Bandwidth, and latitude for skylarking online will not exist until the end of 2011.

The attentive may recall that I’m a Navy reservist, and Afghanistan hasn’t much coast. Welcome to the modern, double-Jointed world, where Semper Gumby (always flexible) is the watchword. Have you supported Project Valor-IT yet?

Smitty further writes the following about his upcoming departure and service to his country:

“But don’t thank me; thank Americans, from the Founding Fathers forward to the Tea Parties, to my electrician brother-in-law who just runs around fixing things all day. The exceptional American dedication to individualism, the ideals of the Constitution, and the courageous soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines in whose bigger footsteps I follow make it all worth it. I’ve benefited so much from the American people, educationally and otherwise. Thus, it’s with a sense of gratitude to you that I depart on this set of orders, finishing out my Navy Reserve career in active duty style.”

Read the whole darn thing!! It is a truly inspirational and beautifully written column.

Oh, and Smitty–please take care of yourself. I’m sure that you will be fine, but we will all be praying for you just the same. Each and every one of us is extremely appreciative of your service, and I am honored to know you personally. Good luck and Godspeed. You have been a huge asset to the conservative blogosphere, and you will be sorely missed. Have a Merry Christmas.

PS–Smitty, this video goes out as a tribute to you, and to every soldier (and civilian) who has either served their country, or is currently in harm’s way.

Cross-posted from The Minority Report, Right Wing News, Parcbench, Redstate.com and Hillbillypolitics.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

How about another poignant song to send Smitty off? Lucky me.

Buy Danish on November 17, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Good choice! Thanks for the suggestion. 🙂

Susannah Fleetwood on November 17, 2010 at 3:44 PM

PS–Smitty, this video goes out as a tribute to you, and to every soldier Soldier, Sailor, Marine, and Airmen(and civilian) who has either served their country, or is currently in harm’s way.

FIFY. 😉

Rightwingguy on November 17, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Sorry–I should have been more specific instead of using “soldier” as a generic term (especially since my brother is in the Naval Reserves).

Take care. 🙂

Susannah

Susannah Fleetwood on November 17, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Susannah Fleetwood on November 17, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Irregardless, your support shines through.

Thanks. You do the same.

Rightwingguy on November 18, 2010 at 7:46 AM

Top Pick

Will they stay or will they go?

Top Pick

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus