Green Room

Smitty, Good Luck and Godspeed….

posted at 2:59 pm on November 17, 2010 by

Smitty (AKA, Chris Smith) over at The Other McCain has announced in a recent blog post that he will be reporting to Kabul, Afghanistan in time for Christmas, and that he will not be writing anymore blog posts until late 2011. To be specific, Smitty wrote the following about his upcoming deployment to Afghanistan:

“Stacy has greased the skids here, but there will be a hiatus in regular blogging activity for the Smitty portion of this blog duo at the close of this post. I hold orders to activate in mid-November and report to Kabul, Afghanistan in time for Christmas. Bandwidth, and latitude for skylarking online will not exist until the end of 2011.

The attentive may recall that I’m a Navy reservist, and Afghanistan hasn’t much coast. Welcome to the modern, double-Jointed world, where Semper Gumby (always flexible) is the watchword. Have you supported Project Valor-IT yet?

Smitty further writes the following about his upcoming departure and service to his country:

“But don’t thank me; thank Americans, from the Founding Fathers forward to the Tea Parties, to my electrician brother-in-law who just runs around fixing things all day. The exceptional American dedication to individualism, the ideals of the Constitution, and the courageous soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines in whose bigger footsteps I follow make it all worth it. I’ve benefited so much from the American people, educationally and otherwise. Thus, it’s with a sense of gratitude to you that I depart on this set of orders, finishing out my Navy Reserve career in active duty style.”

Read the whole darn thing!! It is a truly inspirational and beautifully written column.

Oh, and Smitty–please take care of yourself. I’m sure that you will be fine, but we will all be praying for you just the same. Each and every one of us is extremely appreciative of your service, and I am honored to know you personally. Good luck and Godspeed. You have been a huge asset to the conservative blogosphere, and you will be sorely missed. Have a Merry Christmas.

PS–Smitty, this video goes out as a tribute to you, and to every soldier (and civilian) who has either served their country, or is currently in harm’s way.

Cross-posted from The Minority Report, Right Wing News, Parcbench, Redstate.com and Hillbillypolitics.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

How about another poignant song to send Smitty off? Lucky me.

Buy Danish on November 17, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Good choice! Thanks for the suggestion. 🙂

Susannah Fleetwood on November 17, 2010 at 3:44 PM

PS–Smitty, this video goes out as a tribute to you, and to every soldier Soldier, Sailor, Marine, and Airmen(and civilian) who has either served their country, or is currently in harm’s way.

FIFY. 😉

Rightwingguy on November 17, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Sorry–I should have been more specific instead of using “soldier” as a generic term (especially since my brother is in the Naval Reserves).

Take care. 🙂

Susannah

Susannah Fleetwood on November 17, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Susannah Fleetwood on November 17, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Irregardless, your support shines through.

Thanks. You do the same.

Rightwingguy on November 18, 2010 at 7:46 AM

Top Pick

Under the bus.

Top Pick

Well… most of the politics anyway

“It would be catastrophic if the President were to fire the special counsel.”

“The blockade breached institutional values of freedom of expression and assembly.”

“I hope to encourage them to take personal responsibility…”

“I ain’t serving no police”

“I think a lot of Trump’s voters have as one of their primary objectives just stopping the cultural corruption that’s taking place.”

“Don’t take away my health care or you die.”

“We must all do our best to get rid of this tyrant.”

Rosenstein: Comey broke with DoJ norms on memo leak.

“Nobody has ever accused me of pulling any weapon on them.”

“Fourteen people had stab wounds, cuts and bruises, with two of the injured surviving critical stab wounds.”

Okay… you first.

“We should repeal it and replace, and we shouldn’t leave town until this is complete.”

“He feels like he is being thrown under the bus …”

“McCain has always been a fighter”

Ed Morrissey Jul 20, 2017 8:41 AM

“Cancer doesn’t know what it’s up against.”

They may be on to something

How capitalism averted the bee-pocalypse

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 9:31 PM

“there are more honeybee colonies in the country today than in nearly 25 years.”

CBO releases estimate on Obamacare repeal

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 8:31 PM

“The number of people who are uninsured would increase by 17 million in 2018, compared with the number under current law.”

Kasich: Fix Obamacare with more spending

Jason Hart Jul 19, 2017 8:01 PM

Ohio Gov. John Kasich wants Congress to “fix” Obamacare’s insurance exchanges with more federal spending

“This is a momentous decision.”

“One was told that she—her skin was too light and that she needed to listen to people of darker colored skin…”

Disruptor?

Time off without pay for play

The new DOJ guidelines on asset forfeiture are obscene

Taylor Millard Jul 19, 2017 5:01 PM

Guilty until proven innocent.

“We’re just wondering what happened there.”

“This is an attempt at a political intervention.”

The blame game