Green Room

Pro-Aborts Screech Stay Out Of My Uterus! Unless They Want To Brag About Abortions On Twitter

posted at 10:00 pm on November 7, 2010 by

Originally published at NewsReal:

Pro-abortionists love to give lip service to the “right” to privacy, especially when it concerns fancy wombs. Except for when they wish to take to Twitter and boast about their abortions publicly, apparently. This week, they did just that using the hashtag #ihadanabortion. The alleged reasoning behind such a campaign was to promote empowerment and to take the “stigma” out of, you know, the killing of unborn children. Because, wing nuts won the elections. And The Patriarchy ™. Or something. Never mind that elections themselves are, by definition, all about choice. Facts are hard.

Facts are hard for the press, too, who are ever ready to toe the pro-abortion lefty line. The Washington Post furthered the “OMG, radical extremists who hate lady bits were elected!!!111″ narrative with their article “#Ihadanabortion: Tweeting abortion after the election.” Their bias was clear from the first two paragraphs:

With Tuesday’s sweep of antiabortion candidates into Congress (including a handful of ‘hardliners‘ who say they would outlaw the procedure in all circumstances), some pro-abortion rights activists took to Twitter under the hashtag #Ihadanabortion.

Salon reported that the campaign began with a tweet Wednesday morning by @IAmDrTiller: ‘Time for us to come out. Who’s had an abortion? Show antis we’re not intimidated by scare tactics. Use: #ihadanabortion.’

Oh, yes, people were forced to boast about their abortions due to a sweep of hardliners threatening them. Apparently super scarily threatening them with the fact that abortion is legal in this country. Sigh. Hey, what about the hardliner who started this “campaign”? What kind of extremist does one have to be to choose Dr. Tiller as their idol? A man who killed thousands and thousands of unborn babies and harmed thousands and thousands of women.

Salon‘s Broadsheet also made mention of the elections in their article “Tweeting your abortion.” Tracy Clark-Flory wrote “Political slogans are not about nuance, and after Tuesday’s election we’re especially in need of some bold rhetoric.”  This is typical of Tracy Clark-Flory, of course. When Angie Jackson disgustingly live-tweeted her abortion, Tracy Clark-Flory not only applauded it, but said that women should thank her. Thank her. First, she quoted Angie Jackson’s vile “It’s not that bad… It’s basically like a miscarriage”. Um. Except you are killing the baby on purpose. And, by the way, a miscarriage isn’t such a cavalier thing to most people who are neither heartless nor soulless. It hurts. You grieve for the life lost. You never, ever forget it. She went on to grossly say:

there is something reassuring about how she matter-of-factly walks us, and herself, through the whole process. It’s as though she’s live-tweeting the aftermath of a routine medical procedure, like a wisdom tooth extraction.

That exemplifies the second absurd narrative they are trying to promote with this campaign. Abortion needs to be out in the open and not stigmatized. Abortion should be no big whoop! It’s just like eating a cheeseburger. Wait, bad example. Eating cheeseburgers should be stigmatized, according to the Left. But not killing the unborn – hence the need for “bold rhetoric.” Here is some of the “bold rhetoric” Clark-Flory, for one, rejoices in:

Almost half my life ago, #ihadanabortion. I’m not sorry. I’ve never been sorry. I will never be sorry. Just very, very grateful.

Those who are ANTI-choice shd B glad #ihadanabortion. I went on to finish college, support myself, marry … have 2 honor students. Nice, huh?

Pregnancy or a child doesn’t stop you from being able to attend class or, you know, read.  Unless these “empowered” feminists are claiming that a pregnant woman is somehow non-functional, incapable of thought and disabled to the point where she can’t attend college while pregnant – or even after having a child.

bgiacomazzo: I’m GLAD that most people are coming out in SUPPORT of #ihadanabortion — I guess there’s hope after all. You women are so brave. Godspeed.

AmandaMarcotte: Good on the folks at the #ihadanabortion hashtag. I haven’t, but it’s incredibly common. No need to feel alone.

Too bad that they wish women who have been harmed by abortion, who have been traumatized by it, remain feeling alone. They deny their very existence.

EmilyWherever: Sometimes twitter is so inspiring. The #ihadanabortion hashtag is beautiful to see. Yeah ladies!

“Yeah ladies! Good on you for killing your unborn children! w00t! You totally pwnd that baby!”

JenGStarr: @Quod_Erat More selfish and damaging to bring a child into the world without the means to care for or provide for them.

Of course, a baby is better off dead than being poor! I mean, what if that baby won’t have its own swanky pants and oh-so-hip iPod? What if it, egads, has to eat store brand food? The Left is constantly talking about welfare and food stamps and “free” health care for all, yet they evidently don’t think anyone actually avails themselves of such things. Instead, just kill the baby.

What never enters their empty heads and heartless bodies either is the fact that no baby is unwanted. We have this thing called adoption. Perhaps that is too complex an idea for the soulless.

AmandaMarcotte: Also, screw the people who tell you you’re wrong at #ihadanabortion. Most of them would be pissed if the thread was #ihadsexoncewhilefemale

JenGStarr: @AmandaMarcotte It’s not so much about life with them, more about punishing female sexuality.

Typical narrative from modern day feminists; try to paint anyone who doesn’t share your beliefs — about anything — as some sort of puritanical prude. Bring it around to sex, as always, natch. Because, prudes. You see, that’s the reason we don’t want babies to be killed: Because we hate sex. Or something.

This vile campaign promotes only one thing to me. It proves that the Left uses women only. They are preying on them and convincing them that they should brag shamelessly about the killing of unborn children. They want abortion not safe, legal and not rare. Not only not rare, but something to boast about and rejoice over.

They seek to encourage abortion for convenience, they seek to encourage the killing of an unborn child who isn’t timely. They deny the very real trauma that abortion causes women. They deny the deep pain and guilt these women suffer from. But they encourage its celebration.

It is not “empowering.” It is heinous.

—–

Cross-posted from David Horowitz’s NewsReal

Follow Lori  on Twitter and read more of her work at Snark and Boobs Red State and Human Events.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

How freaking evil.

Isa 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Inanemergencydial on November 7, 2010 at 10:21 PM

These people could always avoid this entire situation and revealing to the world that they have no sould by, you know, not getting pregnant in the first place. But I guess that takes the fun out of killing unborn babies, or something.

uknowmorethanme on November 8, 2010 at 4:00 AM

sould = soul

uknowmorethanme on November 8, 2010 at 4:01 AM

Once in awhile, when I look at my two beautiful children, I wonder how I would feel knowing that I killed the one before them, or the one between them, or the one after them. A baby who would have had their big brown eyes, their full lips, their ready smiles.

Then I begin to know…but just the the very faint shadow of beginning…what women who had abortions feel when they look at their children.

There are no words. And no one could begin to tweet it, even if there were.

Grace_is_sufficient on November 8, 2010 at 5:54 AM

Safe, legal, rare, and private.

Come back when you can wrap your peabrains around those last two, womb-en!

Dark-Star on November 8, 2010 at 8:46 AM

…what women who had abortions feel when they look at their children.

I know a woman who aborted her third child, and then went on to have another baby about a year later. This woman had been married to the same man for 5 years and both her living children were fathered by him. I can’t even imagine what she must feel like when she looks at all of her kids and realizes that one is missing thanks to her own actions.

Vera on November 8, 2010 at 10:16 AM

How freaking evil.

Inanemergencydial on November 7, 2010 at 10:21 PM

I can’t understand the lack of regret. I understand how someone young and scared might could be lured into this, but I will never understand how one could be proud.

It brings tears to my eyes to even consider what it would be like.

We have six children… and my husband and I were just saying the other day that we sort of wish we had a couple more in the gap of six years between #4 and #5.

Children are such a joy. They are everything!

petunia on November 8, 2010 at 11:58 AM

“It’s not that bad… It’s basically like a miscarriage”

:shock:

How did I miss this? What a terrible, awful, vile thing to say.

Abby Adams on November 8, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Never mind that elections themselves are, by definition, all about choice.

Only if people choose well then they are allowed to make choices otherwise people are stupid and must be told what to do and my right and all womyns’ rights to kill an unborn child and give us unlimited access to “doing it” must not be infringed. It’s in the Constitution wingnut, Faux News watcther.
Signed,
Womyn’s Study Professor

Branch Rickey on November 8, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Abortion – Do it for the children.

Dhuka on November 8, 2010 at 3:22 PM

A friend of mine went to a Rachel’s Vineyard retreat this weekend, as an observer in training to work them, not as a participant. There were supposed to be 6 or so participants, all women who regret their abortions and who are seeking forgiveness. She gave me a prayer to say for them that was written by a woman who had had multiple abortions in the former Soviet Union, I believe. You can not read it and not believe the women suffer unspeakable guilt and shame. I could barely get through it. I can not imagine their horror. They are in desperate need of our prayers.

These twitter women are promoting their evil because misery loves company. God have mercy on them.

pannw on November 8, 2010 at 4:20 PM

If it’s like a miscarriage (only difference being the person responsible), then it’s just as bad as we’ve been saying it is. I’ve yet to meet a woman, even a pro-choicer, who had a miscarriage and wasn’t bothered deeply by it (even including women who’d only been pregnant for weeks and only recently learned they were pregnant).

It’s a very difficult thing, and it’s stupid to pretend otherwise.

My crazy roommate in college had one, and even though she was (don’t talk to her anymore) an atheist and a radical liberal pro-choicer, she felt extreme remorse for her abortion and even felt that she was being punished by God. That’s not something she got from me, or TV or anywhere else. That was something inside her that, when drunk, she couldn’t ignore.

That’s likely where this Twitter thing came from, a desire to remove their own guilt by normalizing abortion.

Esthier on November 8, 2010 at 4:41 PM

In my (admittedly limited) experience, the portions of “female sexuality” that women like the most don’t really have any chance of resulting in pregnancy. It’s the part of sexuality that we men like the most that gets women pregnant.

Count to 10 on November 8, 2010 at 6:42 PM

We live in a selfish society where people bow to the God of Instant Gratification. How else to explain the welfare state? The idea of having to wait or sacrifice or work is foreign to most of these people and having to actually change plans or lifestyles? Horrors.

Perhaps it’s just as well some of these people don’t have children. I’d hate to see what kind of children they’d raise.

kim roy on November 8, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Let me try to be a vile, stupid and selfish as those who you have quoted their “tweet” above:

“Too bad your mom did not abort you.”

“It’s not too late, abort yourself now.”

jarhead0311 on November 8, 2010 at 11:29 PM

:shock:

How did I miss this? What a terrible, awful, vile thing to say.

Abby Adams on November 8, 2010 at 12:04 PM

The mind reels. Torn between rage and pity at how anyone could say such a thing.

Esthier on November 8, 2010 at 4:41 PM

That’s heart-wrenching. I cannot imagine what it must be like for her to live with that knowledge.

It makes me all the more furious with Sanger and her ilk. The devastation wrought by Sanger, Planned Parenthood, and Roe vs. Wade is utterly incalculable.

KinleyArdal on November 9, 2010 at 12:18 PM

KinleyArdal on November 9, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Certainly, and as much as I could feel her pain, the best I could do is just listen. I never once told her she did the wrong thing. I didn’t have to. She knew. And what’s even worse, it hadn’t been her plan to have an abortion. The plan was to raise the baby with her boyfriend who shortly afterward decided he wanted to be with someone else, and it was while talking to a counselor at school about being left like that and the depression she was feeling that she was prescribed drugs harmful to her pregnancy and immediately set up with an appointment for an abortion.

She trusted that counselor during a very vulnerable time. That, to me, is a serious consequence of trying to normalize abortion. If that counselor had any thought about how horrible it is, she would have been more considerate about my roommate’s problem instead of trying to just “do away” with the “problem.”

Esthier on November 9, 2010 at 12:42 PM

kim roy on November 8, 2010 at 7:00 PM

I concur, grim as that line of thought may be. If someone is that willing to dispose of their future baby…what’s to keep them from disposing of it just as readily after it’s born?

At best that would mean handing it off to an orphanage or foster home, meaning 18 years’ worth of resources expended for the lousy choices of their ‘parent’. At worst…garbage pail cradle.

Dark-Star on November 9, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Pro-aborts’ cry, “Stay out of my uterus.”

Ummm, hypocritical, isn’t it? Certainly a contrary thing to cry about particularly after they, well, you know.

Lourdes on November 11, 2010 at 5:35 AM

kim roy on November 8, 2010 at 7:00 PM

While I agree with you, there is the much, much more significant issue of the human life they are responsible for taking. Or lives in some cases.

And the men who fathered these children-now-taken? I’ve always wondered about how men could father a child, or children, and then not defend their lives afterward.

Lourdes on November 11, 2010 at 5:36 AM

Well done, Ms. Ziganto, despite the grim subject matter. The tweets you identify there, as with others like them, do so thoroughly illustrate the mental and spiritual illness of these females who wrote them.

Lourdes on November 11, 2010 at 5:42 AM

Esthier on November 8, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I think you just summed up most liberal ideas.

It has to go something like this:

If everyone does it then I must be a good person too (and not the disgusting trash my id keeps telling me I am.)

Squiggy on November 11, 2010 at 8:17 PM